By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - .P Harrison: Third parties can only reach 40% of Wii owners.

antfromtashkent said:
Stever89 said:
antfromtashkent said:
Stever89 said:
antfromtashkent said:

... and a guaranteed sucsess since it was already a huge sucess. ...

So any game that has guareenteed success doesn't count?

This just in: Million sellers (that count) for each console are as follows:

360: 0

PS3: 0

Wii: Carnival Games is the only one

Wii wins.

i dint say that... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wait what? 

because that was a port from GC    +     ike i said before thats like including PS2 best sellers to the PS3's. oh man im reapeating my self A LOT on this tread...................

It actually was port from the PS2 version, with graphical update par to GC version. Anyway, now i'm really interested in what you are trying to say. I was surprised by RE4:s success, since it already was on GC, PS2 and PC, so practically everyone who wanted the game already had it. Still you think that it shouldn't count. So, are you saying we shouldn't count multiplatform titles? Or what are you saying? And what makes PS2 game a million selling PS3 game? Do we a lot of slightly upgraded direct ports or what? Or do you want to count only new IP:s?

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network
antfromtashkent said:
Stever89 said:
antfromtashkent said:
Stever89 said:
antfromtashkent said:

... and a guaranteed sucsess since it was already a huge sucess. ...

So any game that has guareenteed success doesn't count?

This just in: Million sellers (that count) for each console are as follows:

360: 0

PS3: 0

Wii: Carnival Games is the only one

Wii wins.

i dint say that... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wait what?

because that was a port from GC + ike i said before thats like including PS2 best sellers to the PS3's. oh man im reapeating my self A LOT on this tread...................

This is simply stupid. If Final Fantasy X will be ported or remade for PS3 and it will sell over 1 million then it must be counted like a million-seller for that platform it's obvious.

From your silly point of view, Capcom should have only waited that the GC version of RE4 add  over 1 million units to its sales thanks the  Wii ( because it is complete backward compatible with GC) so why bother releasing the Wii version ( adding distribution cost and cost of development of new control system )  ?  

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

i think phil needs too focus on the ps3 first, because it is doing epic right now...

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Kasz216 said:
antfromtashkent said:
Stever89 said:
because that was a port from GC and a guaranteed sucsess since it was already a huge sucess. like i said before thats like including PS2 best sellers to the PS3's

But you're also basically saying any game that has guaranteed success, like most Mario games, FF games, GTA games, anything that has a number after the name, can't be counted, because they are guaranteed. So yes, I agree. We can't count COD4, PES, FIFA, and Need for Speed. So that leaves PS3 with 4 million sellers that count, and JEEZ 3 of them are Sony games. Only Sony games and sequels sell on the PS3! Call the press!
ok fine i appologise for that line. here is the revition. because that was a port from GC. ike i said before thats like including PS2 best sellers to the PS3's

Most ported games end up selling much worse on a next gen system.  So your reasoning seems quite flawed.

See Scarface and Godfather.

you r right. its hit or miss. but that dosent change the fact that its the same game that already sold millions. scarface and godfather werent nearly as successfull as RE4.

Well Sony are the experts when it comes to gaming, I mean after all, look at how the Ps3 has bulldozd everything in its path this generation in sales. Surely if it wasn't for the fact that VGchartz is undertracking the PS3 by 15-20 million, they'd be number one right now.

/end sarcasm/

Around the Network

sigh ok fine u guys can count RE4 (even though i dont think it should......thats my oppinion damn it :P)...... that makes Wii with 5 million sellers...... PS3 with 5 miliion sellers........ and xbox with like 10 or 15 dint really count but its some crazy number. Now we count the Wii vs PS3 vs XBOX user base...... soooo shouldnt the wii have more million sellers that at least the PS3?

antfromtashkent said:
bdbdbd said:
antfromtashkent said:
well i have a question... Can ny one name a third party game that scored as much on the metacritic as SMG? Third party games dont do nearly as well on the Wii so think that thats the point no?

i dont think im even gonna respond to that :(

You don't have to. But i do think you're spot-on with that one. ;) But let's keep in mind, that how many 3rd party PS2 games outsold the best selling 1st party game.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

antfromtashkent said:
sigh ok fine u guys can count RE4 (even though i dont think it should......thats my oppinion damn it :P)...... that makes Wii with 5 million sellers...... PS3 with 5 miliion sellers........ and xbox with like 10 or 15 dint really count but its some crazy number. Now we count the Wii vs PS3 vs XBOX user base...... soooo shouldnt the wii have more million sellers that at least the PS3?

But it has. Just look at the list. Edit: VGChartz million sellers list gives 19 million sellers on Wii and 8 million sellers on PS3.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Kasz216 said:
Jandre002 said:
I think what hes saying is that 60% bought a Wii for Wii-sports or fit or Mario games, and its not like PS2 was.

Casual gamers arent going to buy alot of games. The game comes with Wii Sports, half the people then buy Wii-Play, and then you have to beat out Wii Fit, SMG, Mario Kart and SSB:B by using innovation not graphics or plot to gain enough attention to sell.

Hes saying your not competing with Nintendo in quality or popularity, and most people are going to buy your game. I think its true, and sales show that. Its the way Nintendo has always been, and all these emerging third party devs have no room on that platform. Its not that they don't make good games, it just doesnt appeal.

Of the PS3 owners that bought the PS3 as a gaming machine, you have the highest %. Problem is, that the % of people who did buy it as a gaming machine might be as low as 70%. The 360 probably has anywhere between 90%-95% who bought it for games, but many of them are very strict about what games they do buy. (360 players will buy any shooter game that pushes a good storyline, advances in graphics, but won't buy as many RPG's as PS3 owners would per owner)

I dont see it as an insult to Nintendo, just a realistic outlook on what is selling. It might hurt Ninty fanboys feelings a bit, but thats why the Wii hasn't mattered as much to the two other consoles. Its a different crowd, and the only developers that can be really successful is Nintendo themselves.

Eh... dude, you do realzie that about 80%+ of the PS2 owners were casual gamers... right? That even the average gamer buys 1 game every couple months... right.

The people who visit game sites and buy like a game a week are in your vast minority. 

Also, your post is just hilarious percentages pulled out of your ass.

Yes the PS2 had mostly casual gamers...whats your point exactly? On the PS3 third party developers dominated those 1-2 games bought every few months. On the Wii its Nintendo. I never said PS2 owners buy a lot of games. On the PS2 it was the best game that won. On the Wii its just the next Mario game that people are buying.

My percentages are GUESSES, but the mindset of those buying each concole is probably around there. The PS3 might be for the media capabilites AND gaming. The 360 is 90% just for gaming. My opinion, but it seems to make sense.

So maybe you misunderstood what I was talking about with the PS2 comment. You're forgiven. And if im wrong BTW, tell me what third party Wii game that dominates that isn't a Nintendo game, or doesn't have Nintendo characters in it.

@GGE; wow, you just won't stop, will you...

@OP: Does anyone else think the name of that EA Blueprint's dude is cool?