By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dualshock 4 + PS3 games = Wow

I got ps4 around a month ago. Finished infamous second son and I enjoyed it a lot. But after that I packed it because of lack of games. I started ps3 again bcecause I wanted to replay some of the older games. Now when I took dualshock 3 it was really uncomfortable. Its too light, analog sticks dont feel good and L2 / R2 are really painful. It makes me wonder how come I played with dualshock 3 for last 5 years. I decided to use dualshock 4 in ps3. And it changed everything.

I started vanquish and choose option A (L2 / R2 does the aim and shooting) instead of option B (L1 / R1 does the aim and shooting). Now here is the main part. The game feels so great that I forgot how cool it felt with dualshock 3. Man. Its really comfortable. I have been searching the perfect ps3 controller for a long time. Got nyko raven and battlefield 4 controller. But they were not good enough. Finally I got it. Thanks ps4.

Around the Network

Good for you. I've never used the PS4 controller. Only watching it from a distance. Touching it when no one is looking.

Now if I could only play PS4 games with DS3 :(

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I honestly do not think the DS4 is any better than the DS3 (besides the new PS4 related features) I use the DS4 on my PS3 because they feel different but it really isn't much better imo. All my friends/family with PS4s feel the same way. Idk what in the heck all these people think it is so vastly superior for (besides the awesome new features)

The DS4s L2 and R2 are better for shooters. But the whole L2/R2 being better than L1/R1 is utter nonsense.

Battery life-DS3
Feel-Virtual Tie
Features-DS4

Around the Network

I should add that I am glad you like it and find it better though. Just stating my opinion (sorry for the triple post, I can't edit posts from my phone)

rolltide101x said:
I should add that I am glad you like it and find it better though. Just stating my opinion (sorry for the triple post, I can't edit posts from my phone)

No problem. I welcome your opinion. But I am having fun with dualshock 4 in ps3 and it matters most to me.

I agree that the PS4 controller is an improvement over PS3, especially the shoulder buttons, but I think it still suffers from the DualShock's Achilles heel, which is the stick layout.

I think the DS4 is a vast improvement and the best controller of all time.

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Iveyboi said:
I think the DS4 is a vast improvement and the best controller of all time.

I havent tested xbox one controller yet. But I have to agree with you. DS4 is one of the best controllers I have ever tested. But the battery life is a pain. Cant play more than 5-6 hours without charging.