By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Doing Great, but it's a different story for Sony - Losses 18% greater than forecast at $1.3 billion for year

Xperias are doing well too, they closed VAIO that had loses and was shit and they should close Sony bravia next probably

Around the Network

Can't wait to see Sony going bankrupt and playing Uncharted on Nintendo consoles.

kowenicki said:
Wow. That is some response, its just words of course with zero substance.

where do I say it is only net income that ? Where? But if you think it doesnt matter then you are bring ridiculous..

Hate you? I dont even know you or care about you.

And I have plenty of knowledge and more importantly experience.

but ok... I'm wrong, the markets are wrong, the analysts are wrong, the credit reference agencies are wrong... And you're right.

Experience ? Of course you have, look at the number of message you've made. 30000+, that's really good. Well done, you've spent a lot of time here. But that makes you nothing regarding economic and metrics analysis sorry.

And by regarding your profil and the thing you wrote, I see no other experience. =/

You hope that Sony will not make it and Playstation be bought by Samsung or some other company as talented as they are ? I hope the same. But that won't happen anytime soon. All I can see happen in the next decade is Sony being nationalized by the Japanese Governement if they continue this way to make ~0 profit. And again, this fiscal year Sony has changed like no other year before. 2013 fiscal years has been the year of change. And by change, we're speaking about billion and billion dollars movement. The fact that they sold 1 fucking building for 1 billion dollars should enlight you about the weight of the company we're speaking about and the "dead" assets they have in the world. 1 billion dollars is 1/7 of what Nintendo is worth in a whole. We're not speaking about a Kebab seller here. Restructuration take time to be effective, maybe 2 or 3 years at best. They're done with it, they got rid of a lot of shitty assets, now let's see what it does in the next five years.      

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

I dunno you guys Microaxis' financial bankruptcy chance of Sony has decreased from 79% to 48%.

And unlike the members who tout their dubious qualifications, Microaxis has a website.

So I think they have a better grasp at this then those

"Salivating at the idea of Sony facing bankruptcy"

- Koweniki

that quote seems socio/psychopathic :/

Wright said:

Can't wait to see Sony going bankrupt and playing Uncharted on Nintendo consoles.

Dat schadenfreude.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Around the Network
Gnac said:
Wright said:

Dat schadenfreude.

I'm an evil person. Like Microsoft.

So...fire Kaz?

Nintendo and PC gamer

Sleepyprince said:
kowenicki said:
maximrace said:
How long can this continue without serious problems for them?

They have serious problems.

Junk rated and their stock is all but dead.  They are simply servicing debt (at every higher costs) and limping along.  They are also burning through assets including cash at an alarming rate.

These kinds of losses have implications.  But people here have never understood that... or dont want to understand that.

Just so you know : Sony is approx 140 000 employees, it's not Nintendo (5000 employees). Japan governement will never, ever let Sony sink. That is why no one there seem to worry about losses that much at Sony headquarter. Japan is in the top five richest country in the world. It had already happen with a lot of Japanese companies. Sony is worth 30 billion dollars, again it's not Nintendo. 

Plus, Sony is not a random japanese company. It's one of Japan's tech pride. Same goes for Nintendo, Nissan, Panasonic. Governement will never let them collapse. Don't be a fool mate, it's not just a matter of number here. We all know who would buy Playstation if Sony goes bankrupt => Samsung. It would be a shame for Japanese people to let it one of their strongest brand (Playstation) be bought by a Korean company. Hence why that will never happen, even if japanese governement has to nationalize Playstation and Xperia brand.  

If you don't see Sony panic that much, that's because there is obvious reasons. Same goes for Toyota, Nintendo 

And really, the only thing I care about Sony is Playstation. And I do think Playstation is way too big for Sony to handle, I even made a thread about it here. I dream about Samsung buying the Playstation Brand but that will never happen. 

Eh, if anything the Abe government is looking to let at least one prestige company fall down to prove that the won't allow any "Zombie corporations" no matter how big.  Anything like nationalizing of sony as a whole would be a huge betrayal of his economic principles.  (Granted his economic priciples aren't looking so hot at the moment, but I'd guess he wants to stick to them, since the status quo is a death sentence anyway.)

Not saying it will be Sony.  But to count on the government to save Sony when they  have serious problems being able to  afford to pay their own bills is highly optimistic.

As for Toyota and Nintendo.  Those companies are much much much more healthy.

Nintendo has so much money in the bank that if they wanted to they could buy companies who's profits are greater their their loses if they wanted to diversify.  (Nintendo being the odd duck of japanese companies, not wanting to be diverse).

BMaker11 said:
MaulerX said:

So will this be the new thing now? Don't worry about Sony or how bad it does, because at the end of the day the japanese government will save them?

Well, if America is anything to go by....yea, it my be a thing. Our auto and bank industry went down the toilet and lo and behold, the government bailed them out and now they're doing decent - good

Despite what Republicans say... the US government is in a much healthier position then the Japanese government.

The Japanese government just pushed through a huge increase on their sales tax to help pay down their own debt.  With their population rapidly aging and their domestic debt market shrinking they're in some serious shit and have to work very hard to avoid ending up like greece.

Wright said:
Gnac said:
Wright said:

Dat schadenfreude.

I'm an evil person. Like Microsoft.

Well, it's comparable to all those "MAN I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY THE BILLIONTH REHASHED MARIO ON MUH PLAYSTEE 5", so it's not that evil.

Then again, perhaps we NEED to see the death of Sony shock us all into realising a thing.

Then you will be able to say "I warned you about Microsoft bro!!! I TOLD you dog!"

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3