By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dark Souls’ From Software Acquired by Kadokawa; New IP, Expansion in the West and on New Platforms Planned

Dark Souls’ From Software Acquired by Kadokawa; New IP, Expansion in the West and on New Platforms Planned

by Giuseppe Nelva (1 hour ago) 13 

During its latest earning report held today in Tokyo the giant Japanese corporation Kadokawa Shoten, that spans every aspect of publishing from manga to games, announced the purchase of the majority of the stock of Dark Souls II‘s developer From Software, turning it into a wholly owned subsidiary of the group.

According to the press release sent by Kadokawa, the plan is to expand both From Software’s and Kadokawa Games’ business and market positioning through synergy and cooperation taking advantage of the two companies’ areas of expertise. The purchase of From Software’s stock was determined by Kadokawa’s board to be the best path to achieve that end.

It’s also mentioned that the company plans to make use of both companies’ planning, development and sales resources to produce new IP using their combined strengths with an eye on the new game platforms and overseas market where growth is expected by using the strengths of both Kadokawa Games and From Software.

The cooperation between From Software and Kadokawa games is expected to spark aggressive expansion in the digital field and on the global market.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/28/dark-souls-from-software-purchased-by-kadokawa/

Around the Network

There goes the Souls series...

KingdomHeartsFan said:

There goes the Souls series...

I think we need Sony to get started on Demon's Souls ASAP if they haven't already lol

Kadokawa is a good publisher, nothing wrong here.

Especially good news for Vita owners.

I know some people are going to burn the house down.

But it's not like From Software makes only great games. Nor is Kadokawa even bad (they're pretty good).

Around the Network

No need for a new IP, just give me Armored Demon's Souls

good! i hoe from now on money is no problem for a sequel of a great game.

I guess some people forget that From Software do more than Souls, people are going to rage.
Anyway this is good to hear imo, Kadakowa are awesome

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=182315

This one was first.

Locking.