By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Quietly Removes Ability to Download PSP/PS One Games Unlocked a Few Days Ago on PS Vita

d21lewis said:
Nem said:
This totally confuses me. Is this related to the US shop? Because i have been able to download psp and ps1 games since i got a vita. Is this not available on the US shop?

There were certain games that worked on Vita and certain games that didn't.  A lot of us had digital games on the PSP (ie: the PS1 Crash Bandicoot games or Syphon Filter for PSP) but wouldn't work on the Vita.  A couple of days ago, all of the games that weren't working suddenly started working.  Some say it was the work of Skynet.  Anyway, we were all super happy to finally get our missing games.  Today, the ability to download those games has vanished.  Those that missed out are screwed unless Sony gives us the ability again.

And now you know.

Alright. Thank you for clearing that up.

Around the Network

Ah yes, that damned "unlock psp games" trigger. Somebody should really label that thing better it's way too easy to flip accidentally.

Seems to me that it was unstable, so they removed it till works properly for all the games. I mean it gave me the option of downloading some ps3 games too, so of course they couldn't keep it as it was.

naruball said:
Seems to me that it was unstable, so they removed it till works properly for all the games. I mean it gave me the option of downloading some ps3 games too, so of course they couldn't keep it as it was.

which PS3 games?

kupomogli said:

Great. Bought Crash 1, 2, and 3 Sunday and now I can only play them on my PS3. Didn't think of downloading them to my Vita yet because I currently didn't want to play them and didn't think I needed to.  I already own these games on disc so I could have already played them on PS3.  The reason I bought them is so I could play them on the Vita.

check your downloads list.  i have a few things i bought i can only access through the downloads list.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
naruball said:

which PS3 games?

Don't remember all of them, but one was "Under Siege" and another a dlc for a Naruto game for ps3 (probably Generations). When I tried to download them , I got an error. Point being, there was no way to download them, but it gave me the option anyway. So of course, they had to sort it out. 

Wasn't this promised to be available at launch ? 2 years later and you guys are still waiting?

Fucking hilarious.

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

This is not good for my Vita... At least I could download a few games for it!

On thinking about this, Sony have handled the situation really poorly. Not saying anything when it happened; letting it subsist for 2 days and then saying nothing when they pull the plug.

Really, any PR excusing what happened is needed yet they've done bugger all.

Disappointing. I can only hope that this was a real thing they intended to implement which accidentally happened early, although somehow I find it hard to believe that's the case.