By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - will mario kart wii (finally) go that extra mile?

tastyshovelware said:
 it still had only 16 race tracks

incorrect

u could unlock a 5th cup that had all new courses on it, so there were 20 tracks

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
Around the Network

^^
Still not that many.

My b all the same for posting misinformation.

I don't know why everyone hates DD, my wife loved being able to play with me and just throw items around without having to worry about driving, I wish they'd at least have it as an option in the Wii game.

DD kind of sucked, battle maps sucked, some tracks sucked, 2 in one kart was near useless, lack of 3 shell shield and other sweet weapons.

7.9 was generous if you ask me. MK64 is where its at, and hopefully MK Wii will trump it.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Fastrabbit09 said:
tastyshovelware said:
 it still had only 16 race tracks

incorrect

u could unlock a 5th cup that had all new courses on it, so there were 20 tracks

incorrect

the 5th cup was just a 16 race championship featuring all the races from the first four cups

Around the Network

I wasn't crazy about Double Dash. Not that it was a bad game, as it was obviously well made and enjoyable. The thing that really irked me was the gigantic banana peels and shells. Those items really unbalanced things in my mind, and put a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm plenty excited about Mario Kart Wii. Can't wait to play online, as it sounds like snaking has been dealt with. :)

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

DD was the best racer I've ever played - second only to MK64.

Why isn't this in the official one? Just wondering...

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

^^ mainly cause I forgot the official thread existed.

Also, this is less facts focused (character bios, stage layouts, etc) and more a questioning of the hype based on the recent console incarnation of the series.

Yeah I was kind of dissapointed by DD too. It just felt slow and kind of awkward to control. It was still a good game but just didn't measure up to Mario Kart 64. MArio Kart Wii though is looking to fulfill that this time.

I loved DD. Having two characters in one kart gave it a strategic feeling. You had to think which combination to use for items, carts and weight. Hope they keep this in the wii version.