By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Futureshop has 40gb PS3 WITHOUT Spiderman

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10098867&catid=

Its not yet in stock it will sell for 399$, same as spidey bundel. It doesn't seem to include a Dualshock 3.

It was not on the site yesterday. 

Around the Network

yeah, apparently Spiderman 3 was limited packin. Who knew, right?

I guess since blu-ray won, there's no sense pushing it as hard anymore. Besides, who the hell wants Spiderman 3? ew

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Could this have something to do with blu-ray winning? In other words that now that Blu-ray is the defacto HD physical media, they no longer have to include a blu-ray to get people to adopt them.

Or will they be dropping the price of the 40gb after the remaining bundles are sold? In other words, selling the 40gb for 350$ but without a movie.

EDIT: I know it was limited. Now we know that it will be gone in the short-term. And no Spidey really isn't a loss as you've pointed out.

Dang ... folks just don't realize - without HD DVD, the carrots to customers are going to evaporate. Sure, we'll get sales on Blu, but you can kiss that 5 free Blu deal AND the Best Buy/Amazon BOGOs goodbye.

Don't feel bad - the 360 pack-in with Forza 2/Marvel is gone too.

Damn, limited edition or no, you don't just drop features from an electronics bundle without replacing them with new incentives. When will Sony figure this out?

It looks like a pretty bare-bones product page. Maybe there'll be a new movie/game included once it actually reaches shelves.

Around the Network

>you don't just drop features from an electronics bundle without replacing them with new incentives.

I wouldn't call a pack-in movie in a GAME console a "feature".

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Borkachev said:
Damn, limited edition or no, you don't just drop features from an electronics bundle without replacing them with new incentives. When will Sony figure this out?

It looks like a pretty bare-bones product page. Maybe there'll be a new movie/game included once it actually reaches shelves.

I swear there was more text than that when I originally posted this. The text was identical to the bundle's text though, which is where I got the "no mention of dualshock 3" of my original post.

Hopefully DS3 will be the incentive you speak of. (Pure speculation) 

Borkachev said:

The new incentive is that you know for 100% that HDDVD isn't going to take the market instead of being only 90% sure.

Maybe it will sell more now that it isnt packed in I found Spidey 3 to be horrible but that is just MHO.

PS3(60GB)/360(Elite)/Wii/SNES/Ultimate Gaming PC owner :)

I dont know things change and everytime people said Sony was increasing the price because they dropped some bundles, sku etc. Another package came along shortly. I want to know what they plan for the gta4 release. Ms will do something Sony will too