By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 Just got a whole lot better in 2008

kingofwale said:
>I put GTA4 with the 360 cause it has exclusive content so I wont be buying it for the PS3. Sorry :S

and many MANY PS3 owners will say the same thing, nobody goes to buy a game for "pay to download add-on content for a game",

Let's just hope the 50 million dollars Microsoft spent on it will turn out to be wise.

Its called longevity of a game.  See I stop playing games when I finish them but if there is a reason to play again (ie. downloable content) I come back.  So in terms of playing the game for a long time I am buying it for the 360 regardless if I have to spend an extra 10 bucks.

Around the Network

Ppl have different tastes. So saying on lineup is better than the other is just their own opinion. So DONT state it as facts. And dont take any one serious for saying 360 line up is better or vice-versa.

gebx said:
skeezer said:
I say that you guys think all these games will be great when they might not be

we KNOw FFXIII and GT5 WILL be GREAT

But that's only TWO games... and one for sure isn't coming out till Spring 09 in NA. When's GT5 coming out?

Word for word, you're literaly stating the same crap Hus and Kwaad used to preach in Spring 07.

the storm is coming rofl :)

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

>See I stop playing games when I finish them but if there is a reason to play again (ie. downloable content) I come back.

again, that's YOU, I also know people who buy 2 copies of every game so they can save one for later one.

Thankfully those people are minority too.

The thing is, Multiplatform games DON'T push console as much, regardless of extra content, It's not enough to get John Doe here to push out 300-400 bucks for a console

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

that's what's happening.

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
>See I stop playing games when I finish them but if there is a reason to play again (ie. downloable content) I come back.

again, that's YOU, I also know people who buy 2 copies of every game so they can save one for later one.

Thankfully those people are minority too.

The thing is, Multiplatform games DON'T push console as much, regardless of extra content, It's not enough to get John Doe here to push out 300-400 bucks for a console

Multiplatform games dont push consoles?  Hmm, yes you would be right except if 1. The game is better on one console then another (Madden 2008) 2. If the game presents something unique to one versus the other. (GTA 4)

I wonder why MS spent 50 Million dollars on GTA 4 content. See the ROI, NPV, IRR and PI of that investment has to be justified in terms of increased sales.  Do you think that the people at MS who are highly educated are really that dumb to pay that much money if it wouldnt sell more on there console? I dont want to get into these flamming session but use some common sense please. 

your list fails

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

kingofwale said:
>How do we know that FFXIII will be great? The FF track record of late hasn't exactly been stellar.

I think there's a HUGE difference between. "I haven't enjoyed FF series since...." and "FF games are getting lower and lower review scores"

Clearly, you and I have very different opinion when it comes to being subjective.

I never said the game wouldn't be good. Every FF game is solid. He said it would be "great". There is absolutely no guarantee of that.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

ssj12 said:
your list fails

explain...

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

>I never said the game wouldn't be good. Every FF game is solid. He said it would be "great". There is absolutely no guarantee of that.

There's no guarantee ANY game will be great. Let's just leave it at that. FF series has one of the highest reputation out there, on-par of those series of Mario and Halo

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)