By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What game(s) take you back to your childhood?

Wrecking Crew, Galaga, Kung Fu, Ghost Goblins, TMNT, Batman... all for nes

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
fkusumot said:

Lincoln Logs.
Chutes and Ladders.
Monopoly.
Gin Rummy.
Pong.

In that chronological order.

I have a lot of good Monopoly memories. My two sisters and I, plus two older boys who were the sons of the woman who looked after us after school played it at least once a week. We had the Free Parking Jackpot rule and they had extra Monopoly money from somewhere because the Jackpot used to be stacked up very high. Basically whoever won the Jackpot used to win the game. My two sisters and I never won one game. We talked about it years later and came to the conclusion that the two older boys cheated because they seemed to land on Free Parking a lot more than we did (we were young kids and probably easily fooled).

That's an amusing anecdote. My memories are fighting for who got to be banker (because that person usually won) and what tokens each person used (top hat and race car being most popular). We did not have a Free Parking house rule. I forgot the other game I played a lot, D&D. Most of my friends in high school started playing it when the AD&D rules came out.

Since I am still a child, all games keep my in my childhood, but the ones that make me feel 5 again are Kingdom Hearts and Ratchet

Super Mario Bros series
Sonic
Shining Force I and II

Duck Hunt and Super Mario Bros in my NES.
Super Mario World and Super Mario All-stars in my SNES.
Mario kart 64, Super Mario 64, D.K. 64 in my N64.

Around the Network

There are plenty that bring me back to the good old days, but two in particular have a substantial effect on me when I play them...

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out and Pitfall!

Pitfall! was the first game to really enthrall me, even though I was quite young at the time.

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out was the game that made me HAVE to have a NES. I'd say it has a larger "back in the day"-effect on me than even Pitfall!. The best Christmas me and my brother ever had was when we received our NES with the SMB/Duck Hunt pack-in, along with Mike Tyson's Punch-Out, Winter Games, Gun.Smoke, and Jaws.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

N64 games.
Seriously, awesome.

Put Put!!!!!! and a load of other random pc games no-ones heard of

Early childhood, probably SMB1-3, Kirby's Adventure, Marble Madness, a Boy and his Blob, Tiny Toons, the Magic Kingdom, among others.

Although most of those I played when I was 4-5, so there aren't all that many memories I'm now able to recall.

This stuff that really gets me is SM64, LoZ: OoT, SSb, Goldeneye, MK64, Star Fox 64, Jet Force Gemini, Mario Party, etc. Me and my friends had so much fun with those way back between 3rd and 8th grade.

Super MArio Bros. 3
Centipede, Phoenix, Combat, and Pitfall for the 2600

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2