By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What game(s) take you back to your childhood?

Yeah SMB3 is another one for me, so is Terranigma for SNES.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
formula one^^

i played F1, Contra and KungFu they were all on the same cartrige OMG this brings back memories!

Lincoln Logs.
Chutes and Ladders.
Monopoly.
Gin Rummy.
Pong.

In that chronological order.

Ultima series, Bard's Tale series, Infocom games, AD&D Gold Box series, Eye of the Beholder series, Sierra on Line games, Wing Commander series...

strip poker

Around the Network
fkusumot said:

Lincoln Logs.
Chutes and Ladders.
Monopoly.
Gin Rummy.
Pong.

In that chronological order.

I have a lot of good Monopoly memories.  My two sisters and I, plus two older boys who were the sons of the woman who looked after us after school played it at least once a week.  We had the Free Parking Jackpot rule and they had extra Monopoly money from somewhere because the Jackpot used to be stacked up very high.  Basically whoever won the Jackpot used to win the game.  My two sisters and I never won one game.  We talked about it years later and came to the conclusion that the two older boys cheated because they seemed to land on Free Parking a lot more than we did (we were young kids and probably easily fooled).

How is it that none of the edutainment games made it onto this list.

Mainly, Oregon Trail!

spider man -ps
conker - n64

^_^

Sonic 2, Alex kid in Miracle world, Streets of rage, Mortal Kombat (god it sucks playing it now but I thought it was amazing when i was 12)

man, Sonic the hedgehog 2, that's one I forgot. Damn I used to go to a friend's house every tuesday evening and we'd always play Sonic 2.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.