By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is Titanfall alone, Worth buying an X1 for?

No, wait for something like Quantum Break or Halo 5.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
2008ProchargedGT said:

Stop playing ingnorant to defend your champion. Its ok that the game isnt what it was meant to be, there will still be awesome games on the xbone.

Eh, idk. Moving the goal posts and shredding your own argument as you did is bad enough, but ad hominem attacks are much worse. By the way, what was Titanfall "meant to be"? Have EA and Respawn shared with you their goals? Or are you referring to the laughably out of touch with reality most here seemed to expect of it?

OT: If you love shooters then the answer is yes. I did it and have no regrets. On top of Titanfall I have found some other good games to play but Titanfall was a great way to get my foot in the door. Had there been a PS4 version I'd be a PS4 owner right now instead of Xbox One. I am about to hit Gen 9 on the game and don't see any reason I'd stop playing any time soon. Just depends on how big a shooter fan you are. To me it is an awesome change of pace from the stale CoD/Battlefield shit we see every year.

How am i moving goal posts or shreadding my own argument? i never said it wasnt talked about any more at all  just that its died down alot. Also just because one forum thread is discussing this topic dosent mean the entire world is raving about it.  Also its obvious this game did not meet expections, i mean if GOTG is nearly forgotten in a month what does that lead you to believe. If this concept is to hard for anyone to understand guess i gave too much credit. Take time  to read before responding next time please

sales2099 said:
2008ProchargedGT said:
walsufnir said:

So you say " Maybe a month ago but talk has died down a lot. No one cares about TF anymore" which means forum talk, yet you dismiss your own argument by saying forums are not the real world? Well played.

Stop playing ingnorant to defend your champion. Its ok that the game isnt what it was meant to be, there will still be awesome games on the xbone.

Um the game is exactly what it weas meant to be: a fresh, competitive FPS. We knew from the start it had no campaign and with every initial instalment, the sequel will certainly improve.

"Talk" has died down online but that said the game finds matches almost instantly on both versions and it is still lighting up the sales charts....more then Infamous and a higher meta to boot ;).

So stop with the 1930's propaganda. Titanfall is amazing.

In your opinion, IMO the  game sucks it is what it is. Also i still find matched in Twisted Metal so what does that have to do with anything? Lastly the game wasnt nearly what it was hyped to be sorry if that dissapoints you.

2008ProchargedGT said:
sales2099 said:
2008ProchargedGT said:
walsufnir said:

So you say " Maybe a month ago but talk has died down a lot. No one cares about TF anymore" which means forum talk, yet you dismiss your own argument by saying forums are not the real world? Well played.

Um the game is exactly what it weas meant to be: a fresh, competitive FPS. We knew from the start it had no campaign and with every initial instalment, the sequel will certainly improve.

"Talk" has died down online but that said the game finds matches almost instantly on both versions and it is still lighting up the sales charts....more then Infamous and a higher meta to boot ;).

So stop with the 1930's propaganda. Titanfall is amazing.

In your opinion, IMO the  game sucks it is what it is. Also i still find matched in Twisted Metal so what does that have to do with anything? Lastly the game wasnt nearly what it was hyped to be sorry if that dissapoints you.

I was in the Titanfall beta, and it was nothing special to me.  Everyone has their own opinion, but this is not anything close to the first time I played COD4...

walsufnir said:
2008ProchargedGT said:
walsufnir said:

I don't even own an Xbone, nor did I buy Titanfall. But I see you jump over to different statements like you want meaning I was right, thanks

Well i do have an xbone and TF so i guess that makes my opinon hold a little more weight now dosent it, k thanks

Around the Network
2008ProchargedGT said:

How am i moving goal posts or shreadding my own argument? i never said it wasnt talked about any more at all  just that its died down alot. Also just because one forum thread is discussing this topic dosent mean the entire world is raving about it.  Also its obvious this game did not meet expections, i mean if GOTG is nearly forgotten in a month what does that lead you to believe. If this concept is to hard for anyone to understand guess i gave too much credit. Take time  to read before responding next time please

Your original argument was that TF has been forgotten after a month and no one is talking about it anymore. Yet here we are. You then shift to another metric, the whole world I guess. As if something like that could even be measured. That's called moving the goal posts. Also, a quick glance shows at least 4 Titanfall threads being discussed today, there could be more if I bothered to scroll past the first couple pages of Hot Topics.

And hey if it's so obvious then you must have some information on expectations? Please share. How many Xbones were needed to be sold weekly for this to be deemed a success by MS/EA? It must be obvious. Please be more specific when you say expectations. Are you referring to the expectations of the developers/publishers from a revenue standpoint, the Xbox One fans from a quality standpoint, or the other guys whose expectations the game was never going to reach anyway? Thanks.

Quickly, hell no. Traded it inn at gamestop already. Buy a system based on the future. There will be much better game than this, at least I hope, cause to me TF is not worth it, a 6-7/10 game, thats it.

RIP ps3, xbox360.

welcome home ps4 and X1

no. but it is if youre buying it with the other great exclusives xbox one has. which seems to be a ton. im personally interested in dead rising 3, killer instinct, titanfall, pvz garden warfare, halo, quantum break and sunset!

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

J_Allard said:
2008ProchargedGT said:

Your original argument was that TF has been forgotten after a month and no one is talking about it anymore. Yet here we are. You then shift to another metric, the whole world I guess. As if something like that could even be measured. That's called moving the goal posts. Also, a quick glance shows at least 4 Titanfall threads being discussed today, there could be more if I bothered to scroll past the first couple pages of Hot Topics.

And hey if it's so obvious then you must have some information on expectations? Please share. How many Xbones were needed to be sold weekly for this to be deemed a success by MS/EA? It must be obvious. Please be more specific when you say expectations. Are you referring to the expectations of the developers/publishers from a revenue standpoint, the Xbox One fans from a quality standpoint, or the other guys whose expectations the game was never going to reach anyway? Thanks.

Ok so let pretend the forum alone is the whole world. Well a quick search back to a month ago will show about 25 threds per day as opposed to what 4 per day now? If that's not dying down I don't know what is. Keep in mind this is a gaming forum centralized on gaming and sales of said games. In the real world its much worse all the friends I've played titanfal with havent brought it up in a long time, all of my gamer circle also is following this trend, same at gamestop and most other gaming venues. If you don't believe its died down than you are being delusional.  Its not what it was hyped to be period. COD had much more staying power and that drops every year....

Ok so you're going on anecdotal evidence and not logic or facts. I got it. On the flip side myself and 2 of my brothers and a couple coworkers talk Titanfall all the time. In fact this weekend I learned the beauty of the Stryder smoke attack from one of them.

I guess our constant talk means the game hasn't died down a bit, awesome.