By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can we expect a multiplayer Mario platformer with online next generation?

TheLegendaryWolf said:
How many Multiplayer platforming games are out there, like 2?

NSMBWii, DKC Returns, LittleBigPlanet, Kirby RtD, NSMB2, Rayman Origins, LittleBigPlanet 2, NSMBU, Rayman Legends, SM3DW, and DKC Tropical Freeze off the top of my head. Multiplayer has taken over the platformer genre!

Around the Network

my tv presents a input lag. is very noticiable the difference between the gamepad screen and tv (gamepad is faster).
and i play the same platformers 2d, i use to play in tv and in gamepad, and with the time im able to play in the 2 modes, regarding the different lag.

So, i think the lag in online multiplayer wouldnt bother me, as long it is constant.
But i dont like to play online, but im not against to put it as a optional feature.

tbone51 said:
Maybe this gen, i predict next mario 3D game will be heavily single player focus to the opposed SM3DW. Wat i mean is maybe just 2 player co op? Mario+Luigi in SMG3/SM Universe type of thing?

Yep.

jonathanalis said:
my tv presents a input lag. is very noticiable the difference between the gamepad screen and tv (gamepad is faster).
and i play the same platformers 2d, i use to play in tv and in gamepad, and with the time im able to play in the 2 modes, regarding the different lag.

So, i think the lag in online multiplayer wouldnt bother me, as long it is constant.
But i dont like to play online, but im not against to put it as a optional feature.

Have you tried setting your TV into Game Mode (assuming your TV has that option)? Also, a dumb question but are you using HDMI?

But yeah I like how you can test for input lag with the Gamepad. Surprisingly my dad's 72 inch DLP doesn't have any noticeable lag, even when running the Wii U through a reciever and without game mode on! ^_^

Einsam_Delphin said:
jonathanalis said:

Have you tried setting your TV into Game Mode (assuming your TV has that option)? Also, a dumb question but are you using HDMI?

But yeah I like how you can test for input lag with the Gamepad. Surprisingly my dad's 72 inch DLP doesn't have any noticeable lag, even when running the Wii U through a reciever and without game mode on! ^_^

i didnt find any game mode, and yeah, im using HDMI.

i know, is my tv that have high input lag.

but im not complaining.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
TheLegendaryWolf said:

NSMBWii, DKC Returns, LittleBigPlanet, Kirby RtD, NSMB2, Rayman Origins, LittleBigPlanet 2, NSMBU, Rayman Legends, SM3DW, and DKC Tropical Freeze off the top of my head. Multiplayer has taken over the platformer genre!

My mistake, I meant online multiplayer platformers.

TheLegendaryWolf said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
TheLegendaryWolf said:

My mistake, I meant online multiplayer platformers.

Then you'd be right that there's only two or so, but I don't see what that has to do with anything.