By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - May 6 Japan Software Totals

benoit said:
Christopher_G2 said:
 People are buying PS3's in anticipation for games that are coming out later on

it's like saying i'm going to buy a car at 14, because i want to get ready a few years later when 'i'll get my driving licence.... seems weird since there's no shortage of PS3

Hmm this maybe sounds strange but I think 900.000 PS3's sold in Japan is still good the price is damned high and tell me a game that is out now on PS3 that Japanese people love. Gundam musou that is almost everything and Gundam Musou did not bad.

PS one sold his first years also bad in Japan but when games like FFVII and MGS comes on it it sold crazy like hell.  I am pretty sure many Japanese people thinks: Why should I buy an PS3 it has no games that I love.

The PS3 is lacking in good software games like the PS2 did at his first year(s).

Also PS2 is still in the round there are still a lot avarage Japanese games that comes on PS2 soon.

In fact you must be crazy to buy an PS3 for so much money when you have a PS2 that still haves games that will be released soon that they maybe like. We have to wait till Japanese popular games come out in Japan like FF and MGS. 

Around the Network

What's really funny is that there are better software sales for the 360 then the PS3

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

konnichiwa said:
benoit said:
Christopher_G2 said:
 People are buying PS3's in anticipation for games that are coming out later on

it's like saying i'm going to buy a car at 14, because i want to get ready a few years later when 'i'll get my driving licence.... seems weird since there's no shortage of PS3

Hmm this maybe sounds strange but I think 900.000 PS3's sold in Japan is still good the price is damned high and tell me a game that is out now on PS3 that Japanese people love. Gundam musou that is almost everything and Gundam Musou did not bad.

PS one sold his first years also bad in Japan but when games like FFVII and MGS comes on it it sold crazy like hell.  I am pretty sure many Japanese people thinks: Why should I buy an PS3 it has no games that I love.

The PS3 is lacking in good software games like the PS2 did at his first year(s).

Also PS2 is still in the round there are still a lot avarage Japanese games that comes on PS2 soon.

In fact you must be crazy to buy an PS3 for so much money when you have a PS2 that still haves games that will be released soon that they maybe like. We have to wait till Japanese popular games come out in Japan like FF and MGS. 

too bad developer dont think that way and wait for those two game to release in 2008, and see if it will sell system or not, and one more thing; ps3 is alot cheaper in jp than the rest of the world. If ps3 dont pick up sales by this holiday season, I'll garanteed you developer will abandon most of its resource from PS3, because the risk and cost is too large.

There is plenty of DOWNLOADABLE content available for the PS3. More and more, you won't see "boxed" products tell the full tale of a console. Specifically, the demo for Ninja Gaiden is now available - that alone would probably drive sales. And as for this: "The PS3 is lacking in good software games like the PS2 did at his first year(s)." - check the charts. There is NO sales comparison between the PS2/PS3 at any stage since release. The PS2 has 1m units sold within weeks, and software that launched also sold in the 500-700k range.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Avinash_Tyagi said:
What's really funny is that there are better software sales for the 360 then the PS3

Blue Dragon, Dead Or Alive are some of the games that Japanese like.

Pity X360 sell bad with their units but I guess they don't care much they make profit with their software their whil Sony is only losing;.

Around the Network

An attach rate of less than 1 is just crazy low. Wii software sold 33 times as much as PS3 software!

The problem is Sony seemed to forget why they succeeded with the PS1  in the first place.  They gave a platform with CD / DVD that was easily and cheaper to access for all third parties.  With the PS3 - exactly the opposite is given, with that amount of space / power to work with it was always going to come down to budget for games development and you'll get less frequent releases as small companies will be put off and just wont bother.

It's turned a full circle with the Wii / DS and I the PS3 haS made that more relevant this time round.

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony