By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo and Destiny composer Marty O'Donnell was fired from Bungie for no reason

You have got to be shitting me. He's so damn amazing.

Around the Network

I'll go ahead and leave these here as well for anyone unfamiliar with his work, though that would be pretty shocking if there's anyone out there that hasn't heard Marty O Donnell 

Hmm, maybe he should give 343i a call.

Bungie has made an official announcement.............and its honestly so short its pointless.

http://www.bungie.net/7_There-are-those-who-said-this-day-would-never-come/en/News/News?aid=11484

The forums there are exploding in anger....unless Marty did something VERY stupid this could bite Bungie in the ass big time. Even casuals who enjoy Halo love the music all you have to do is look at the youtube videos for the soundtracks.

ironmanDX said:

I'm sure he already has ;) . 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
ironmanDX said:

that or got a call lol

Azerth said:
MoHasanie said:

that or got a call lol

Idk I believe Marty said he was done with Halo and didn't want to work on it.  That being said the guy is one of the founding members of Bungie and has been there forever.  He's a face of the company so I doubt he didn't want leave Bungie behind just to work on Halo when it went over to 343i.

So maybe there's a chance he goes over there.  We can only hope I suppose.

ironmanDX said:

oh my god no. He should move on to a company with actual talent.

What a balanced and well researched news article that sheds light on both sides of the story.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

If he went back to Halo, I might actually care about Halo again. He IS Halo imo.