By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Mobile friendly website

This is a great idea. At least an app would suffice.

Around the Network
lucidium said:

just for fun, how it could look with additional modules selectable.

Who doesnt like direct access to exact figures while browsing the forum?

Wow! As someone who often uses a phone to access the site (evenings and weekends) I agree it is rough and welcome these ideas to change it for the better. Great work thus far.

pbroy said:

Yup Galaxies and WP sucks with it from my experience. My HTC One brower can handle it, minus the left side toolbar, which I can live without.

shenanigans!

you're a filthy liar or not paying attention to what he's complaining about / ignoring the issues you do see.

I have a Nexus phone and tablet. In both cases the site is usable. However, you have to know how to best open the links (long press hack mentioned earlier) and realize that there is no buddy.

So yes it works, just like shit.

VGC needs another revamp of the overall tech so that it can have a good mobile variant... as well as fix a lot of functionality. However, ever since ioi started with the other sites, he's left this one to just exist as is.

superchunk said:
pbroy said:

Yup Galaxies and WP sucks with it from my experience. My HTC One brower can handle it, minus the left side toolbar, which I can live without.

shenanigans!

you're a filthy liar or not paying attention to what he's complaining about / ignoring the issues you do see.

I have a Nexus phone and tablet. In both cases the site is usable. However, you have to know how to best open the links (long press hack mentioned earlier) and realize that there is no buddy.

So yes it works, just like shit.

VGC needs another revamp of the overall tech so that it can have a good mobile variant... as well as fix a lot of functionality. However, ever since ioi started with the other sites, he's left this one to just exist as is.

Yeah... Nexus sucks.

Can an other HTC One owner please explain that this site works on it nicely? Too many jealous lowely phone owners here..

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

I've wanted to do something like this for a while too. I was thinking of creating an app based site for vgc and just giving it over to brett since it doesn't seem like there is any progress coming along with that.
That being said, very nice logo for vgchartz, though I'd make the vg lower case and fatter.
Logo is very nice though. You clearly have some graphic design experience.

Around the Network

I'd even pay for such an app. Because this free stuff ain't cutting it.

I hate to bump a dead thread, but the ads have gotten so bad that I can hardly navigate this site on my phone...
It keeps switching over to the App Store on its own trying to get me to download some cheesy game...
It's a miracle I managed to make this post...

Have a nice day...

If you wanted to wait a couple years, this looks like a fun senior project I could do in a couple years.

But if you want to do it now, I would be thrilled!