By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your favourite controller of all time and why?

Console with the best controller?

PS4 54 30.68%

Xbone 8 4.55%

Wii U Gamepad 14 7.95%

360 9 5.11%

Wiimote+Nunchuck 4 2.27%

Gamecube 46 26.14%

N64 10 5.68%

SNES 8 4.55%

Other (State it in thread) 15 8.52%

Yo Mama! 8 4.55%

Total:176

PlayStation has always had the best controller every generation in my honest opinion. No other console can claim not having to change for 3 generations. No other console holds the #1, #2 & #4 best selling in history there for no other controller has seen such wide spread use. Proving that it is indeed the best (other wise it would have had to change at some point in that time line).

PS4 is my favorite of all time because they took nothing away about what made dual shock 3 great and didn’t change their legacy design much. It also incorporates the absolute best in controller advancement.

(A) Awesome tech like blue tooth, gyroscope & built in recharge batteries just like PS3 had.
(B) Symetric stick layout. I like the xbox one controller but the awkward thumb positions are really stupid.
(C) Added great tech proven to be useful via the handful of games out. Speaker, touch pad, light bar. (Resogun & Infamous show speaker off well. It really helps immerse). Infamous does a great job using the touch pad as well as Rayman Legends. Then again the light bar with infamous. I like how it changes color with the street art spray paint.

Also it may be as small as it can be but having the decals for the PS4 controller are pimp. That is if you aren’t using a PS eye.

Around the Network

As much as I have a soft spot for the old NES controller, as the NES is my fav. system of all time, the SNES controller is the best ever in my view. It was perfect, it was light, comfortable, the right size, L/R buttons worked/felt great, the face buttons worked/felt great, the D-pad was perfect (and superior in my view to the Genesis dpad)....I dunno. It was just a great controller. N64, GC, PS, even the Gamepad....they all have cool things about them. But they all also have flaws. To me, the SNES controller really didn't have any flaws.

The only way it would/could be better in this era, would be having analog sticks, which just weren't a thing back then. That's why I think the Classic Controller Pro was pretty much the best modern controller, and a superior design to the Wii U's "Pro Controller".