By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your favourite controller of all time and why?

Console with the best controller?

PS4 54 30.68%

Xbone 8 4.55%

Wii U Gamepad 14 7.95%

360 9 5.11%

Wiimote+Nunchuck 4 2.27%

Gamecube 46 26.14%

N64 10 5.68%

SNES 8 4.55%

Other (State it in thread) 15 8.52%

Yo Mama! 8 4.55%

Total:176

I voted for the PS4(DualShock 4), but it feels like a tie between the SNES controller. And most of the controllers in the poll is really nice. I like the GC controller a lot too.

Around the Network

Japanese Sega Saturn, Genesis 6 button, PS2, SNES, and Gamecube all had really good controllers. I like the DS4 the Xbox One controller as well. There can only be one controller to rule them all though. Atari Jaguar.

Dualshock and GCN for me. I tried x360 controller and is way too heavy for me, guess is matter of habit.

The Playstation controller because the Playstation is the best thing to come from humanity since chocolate and condoms.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

WiiMote + Nunchuck . Beats everyting on FPS. Great ergonomics. Beats everyting on FPS. Motion control. Beats everyting on FPS. WiiMote could be used alone and turned 90 degress to act as a "normal" controller. Beats everyting on FPS. Built in speakers enhance immersion. Beats everyting on FPS...

Around the Network
_crazy_man_ said:

Comfortable and Light Weight.

D-Pad that doesn't hurt my fingers after long peroids of play.

Insane battery life (+80 hours).

Seconded. No drawbacks in my opinion.

N64, it was just perfect for 1st person shooters (with the Turok style controls, look with the analog stick and move with the C-Buttons) and 6-Button fighting games like Killer Instinct. On Playstation and alike, I really miss the 6-button layout.

I just did a poll on this very same question.
At 1st it was the DS2. But as of the DS4's release, the DS4 is now my all time favorite.
- The L2 + R2 are now caved, much better that the DS3 & DS2.
- The inclusion of the Speaker, headphone jack, Share Button, Touch pad are all great, but it when you play a game that uses them all in perfect form that you see the true potential of the DS4.

inFamous SS did it perfectly.
The sound of you adsorbing your powers coming through the controller speaker, how you press into the touch pad to absorb the powers, how when you swipe to open doors, lift canisters, the way your cell phone rings through the speakers, it all just feels well done.

DS4.

DS4 then DS3/360 then xbone. After that, none are really that great. I don't understand how the gamecube controller is number two in this pole. The buttons were in weird places, it was incredibly clunky, it wasn't very comfortable, etc.