By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How do you feel about game prices?

I'd be a lot more fine if the prices hadn't increased in Canada by $5-$10. But in general, I'm fine buying a game at full price if it's one I eagerly want to play, which means I'll probably preorder it. Otherwise, I'll wait until they're at least $30.

Around the Network

I only buy must haves and some collector's/limited editions on day one/full price.

Everything else is on sale/bargain.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I don't really care, i buy all games i want at a good price when i import them.

Euro is a strong currencie actually, so it's really good for me, i got new games at 45 euros instead of 70 : D

And usually, i don't buy AAA games right away, i prefer to focus on "rares" games.

Well in Canada 65 to 70$can for retail games is too much, I will not buy many (if any) retail games until prices go back to the "normal" 60$ or below (Iknow this is just the conversion rate)... or I'll buy used, let others take the hit.

I buy my games new everytime. And 95% of the game I buy are at launch so I pay full price.

But I think these prices are too damn high! Especialy when I completed the entire game in about a weekend and I pull back the disk into the game box knowing that despite enjoying the game I may never take that disk out of the box ever again, I feel robbed.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Around the Network

I wait for prices to drop, by then it's already well known whether a game is good or bad, a classic or a fad, and if it falls in between, there are enough infos to decide whether good aspects are good enough and bad ones aren't so bad for the tastes of each gamer to make them want to play it, not to mention its peskiest bugs are already corrected and a mid-range PC has the power to play it at the settings that at launch time were at reach of high-end ones.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I have never bought a game full price on the Wii, PS3 or Steam sense HL2 day 1.

Been tempted to when GT6, GTA5, DS2, TLoU and FFXIIILR came out but I'm slow to finish FFXIII-2 and RDR. I'm getting there P:.

Depends. I rarely pay full price for any game (except for digital, of course), but that's mainly because you can always find games well below the official recommended pricepoint if you shop around (moreso online), even at launch.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046