By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - omg 360 actually decreasing in sales??

Geez, looking at the console sale figures on vg chartz over the past few days I've noticed something alarming!
the wii sales are increasing while the 360 are actually decreasing! I mean wtf is that about?

Im betting that the wii reaches 9 million b4 the 360 does tho! lol

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

Around the Network

If this is true, I was seeing this coming a mile away, but I'll wait for the April NPD hardware sales before judging...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

That's just how bad the 360 is doing in Japan. ;>

It seems to be a correction from the other numbers, cause that's the figure that went down for XBox

I think they keep giving 360 "best case scenario" numbers in "others" regions, and then scaling them back as much as 200K units when they come in as bad as ever. (Funny--it was MONTHS ago that Monty was talking about how 360 had blown by 10 million, on its way to 11 million... It might not even hit 10 million in May. Rather a pathetic performance after lots of talk of it gaining traction.) Not as bad as how they've overshot Wii numbers, though. They've been all over the place there. But given that Nintendo claims 5.84 through the end of March, and promised increased shipments in April, 6.92 a week into May sounds feasible.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Around the Network

yea it looks like that was taken from europe/others, they have lowered that about 3 times now. I know it's hard to find info about them.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Xbox has been caught inflating sales numbers so that's another factor to take into consideration. The fact is no matter what the figures are, Microsoft has only shipped 500k units in the last five months. Their sales are stagnating.

The whole 10 million by the end of 06 completely failed, it's not even 10 million now...

MS said they wanted to ship 10M by 2006 maybe they did and havent sold them yet. April will be high only due to the elite it will decrease until the fall.

sexybeast said:
MS said they wanted to ship 10M by 2006 maybe they did and havent sold them yet. April will be high only due to the elite it will decrease until the fall.

They annlunced 10 million sold, when they ship they count as sold which they shouldn't...

I don't think the Elite is gonna have a huge effect, but we'll see.