By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - omg 360 actually decreasing in sales??

Their actual claim was "10 MILLION BEFORE THE COMPETITION'S ON THE MARKET!!!" to paraphrase Peter Moore (which they later dis-claimed saying). This was preceded by the claim "FIRST TO 10 MILLION WINS EVERY TIME!!!!". This claim was made at E3 in May 2006 when the Wii release date had not been made public. There was actually a very reasonable belief the Wii would launch as early as September 2006. This meant that at the very least they were trying to pass a '10 million by September 2006' projection off to eager investors which perhaps even they didn't believe. Either way, it's about 8 months later and I'm still waiting.

Around the Network

This thread is fine, keep the insults to a minimum (in response to the duplicate thread).

ckmlb said:
The whole 10 million by the end of 06 completely failed, it's not even 10 million now...

Yeah, I saw this coming months ago. Always thought they would get close (9m?) in 2006, but that last 1m... would take a long time. Now that the Wii / PS3 are out, the 360 has lost a lot of steam... and they haven't been enough system-seller titles this year.

But its been over 4 months, and sales have *very* slowly crept towards the 10m mark...

Mind you - I think the same can be said about the PS3 (since say 2 weeks after the Europe launch). Its been weeks, and the sales figure for the PS3 in Europe is doing the same thing - still hasn't sold 1m, and its now been out for 6 weeks!

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

azzer100 said:

Geez, looking at the console sale figures on vg chartz over the past few days I've noticed something alarming!
the wii sales are increasing while the 360 are actually decreasing! I mean wtf is that about?

Im betting that the wii reaches 9 million b4 the 360 does tho! lol

Yesterday 

360 = 9.7 

Wii = 6.7

Today

360 = 9.6

Wii = 6.9

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

DKII said:
That's just how bad the 360 is doing in Japan. ;>

Someone overestimated the Japanese Market by 200,000 360's??

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

End of 2007 1) Wii 2) 360 3) PS3 End of 2008 1) Wii 2) PS3 3) 360 End of 2009 1) PS3 2) Wii 3) 360

i hate to promote the competing site but nexgenwars has these figures: XBOX360: 10.66 mil PS3: 3.04 mil Wii: 6.93 mil what i'm trying to say is the PS33 and Wii number are about the same on both sites. However wtf is up with xbox360 numbers? Which is the more accurate.

Well MS SHIPPED 10M by 12/31/06 and since then they have SHIPPED .5M more so if they sold 100% they would be at 10.5M only. And last I checked 360 was not sold out anywhere. So if I am not mistaken, the other site seems overly optimistic.

Cobretti said:
i hate to promote the competing site but nexgenwars has these figures: XBOX360: 10.66 mil PS3: 3.04 mil Wii: 6.93 mil what i'm trying to say is the PS33 and Wii number are about the same on both sites. However wtf is up with xbox360 numbers? Which is the more accurate.

dont bring nextgen wars in there.

They rely on counters related algorithms rather than actual sales figures

DRJ said:
Well MS SHIPPED 10M by 12/31/06 and since then they have SHIPPED .5M more so if they sold 100% they would be at 10.5M only. And last I checked 360 was not sold out anywhere. So if I am not mistaken, the other site seems overly optimistic.

That they do. VGCharts appears to do a lot more research and try to adjust their numbers far better than does NexGenWars.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/