By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - do you think a system is worth keeping for 1 game

I keep my PSP just for LocoRoco! :p

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

Around the Network
JBoogie said:
for example kingdom hearts for ds

Considering I'm getting a PSP for Kingdom Hearts, I'll have to agree with you.

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"

Yea kept N64 for 007 Golden EYE for months till MArio Kart

ookaze said:
nordlead said:
A system is only worth keeping so long as you plan on using it again. It doesn't matter if its for 1 game, or 20.

Of course, this is a completely wrong answer, as we, or at least most of us, are human being which are not just moved by logic and thinking, but also by emotions, feelings.

As for myself, I don't even consider a system is worth getting for one game, except if I plan to play at least 3 years of it.

But I never said "buy", i said "keep." The problem with selling a system if you plan on using it again, It is a garanteed loss when you re-buy the system. However, sometimes you really need the money and selling a system (or anything else) is "worth" it at the time.

Also, what emotional worth is there in selling a system? Its one thing if you need the extra $80-90 for electricity bills or something else, but really how much is that money going to get you.  

@fkusumot

I do regret selling my NES (which I sold to buy a dog that lived for 7 years then ran into the street), However, JBoogie has 1 game he wants to play, so why sell now. Maybe after that game comes out he'll want to sell again, but that decision can be made after you decide you never want to play the system again.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I would say yes, but would also question the idea of a person not being able to find at least a few more. For me? I would say a wii is a must own merely for the mario or smash brothers titles, but there are other titles id care to own. 360? I need it to play banjo, ninja gaiden and halo, ps3?.... Not sure yet, final fantasy 13? :p

Note: Some games in my collection are no longer owned, but have owned.

Around the Network

Pokemon for DS only game i have so yeah

No, never. I just don't see such a game ever having been made...

Just for one game, nah... but in this case is the DS so, who knows what may come later...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

nordlead said:
@fkusumot

I do regret selling my NES (which I sold to buy a dog that lived for 7 years then ran into the street), However, JBoogie has 1 game he wants to play, so why sell now. Maybe after that game comes out he'll want to sell again, but that decision can be made after you decide you never want to play the system again.

Exactly. JBoogie didn't give us much info. If you don't need the money, why sell? As I said, there are many considerations.