By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Vita could have been saved in 2013

Ucell said:
Anfebious said:
It could have been saved but it wasn't saved. There is no point in crying over spilt milk. Those are good options but there is no use in trying to correct the wrongs from the past, it's gone!

Enjoy the Vita for what it is and hope that Sony can correct everything in the E3.

I bought a Vita around launch to play brand new God Of War and GTA games, not niche Japanese exclusives.

You bought a system to play games which were not announced or even rumoured to be in the works for it? at launch no less, how long do you think it takes to put together a brand new God of war or gta game, just for the Vita too since it is in a category of it's own in terms of power there is nothing else they could port games just for the Vita to to get extra sales the way they did with GTA liberty city and Vice city stories from the psp to the ps2.

Hopefully you've learned your lesson tho, never buy a system at launch if you want games which haven't been demo'd or shown even, you could be waiting years to get what you want, better to just buy the systems then.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
Its weird that noone is mentioning the price of the SD cards. I heard those were a bitch to buy.

And probably is the number 1 reason why the Vita is selling poorly.

tiffac said:
jlmurph2 said:
Its weird that noone is mentioning the price of the SD cards. I heard those were a bitch to buy.

New model comes with 1gb built in.... but 1gb is utterly shit, PSASBR needs more than 1gb of patches to let you go online with it if you have a retail copy of the game.

On top of that, anyone who is going to buy one thinking they'll get a 16gb card and add the 1gb to it to have 17... no... once you put a proper card into the new model of the vita it stops having access to the 1gb built in card.

Guess there is those packages available here in europe, 1 comes with 10 psn games and an 8gb stick, there is an 8gb card with 6 disney games or a 4gb card with a download code for 10 indie psn games. They're all priced around the cost of a mem card without games too so defo pick one of those up if you're getting a card for a vita. Since it's free games.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ganoncrotch said:
Pezzilla said:
I bought a vita today for 30 euros, must be a bad sign.

Yeah, it's robbed. A fairly bad sign is when you're buying stuff from the back of a hi ace down an alleyway lol.

It's not needs 2 new analog sticks easy fix, I would never buy stolen goods thank you!

ganoncrotch said:

Guess there is those packages available here in europe, 1 comes with 10 psn games and an 8gb stick, there is an 8gb card with 6 disney games or a 4gb card with a download code for 10 indie psn games. They're all priced around the cost of a mem card without games too so defo pick one of those up if you're getting a card for a vita. Since it's free games.

Actually the "Kid's Mega Pack" & "Disney Mega Pack" are bundled with 16GB memory cards.

Around the Network
tiffac said:
jlmurph2 said:

That's shit, I'm not buying something that doesn't even have enough memory for me to download a game's patch. My phone has way better memory than that.

Tom3k said:
ganoncrotch said:

Actually the "Kid's Mega Pack" & "Disney Mega Pack" are bundled with 16GB memory cards.

not in Europe it isn't.

Pezzilla said:
ganoncrotch said:
Pezzilla said:
I bought a vita today for 30 euros, must be a bad sign.

Yeah, it's robbed. A fairly bad sign is when you're buying stuff from the back of a hi ace down an alleyway lol.

It's not needs 2 new analog sticks easy fix, I would never buy stolen goods thank you!

Oh right... you brought a broken vita for 30euros? that isn't a bad sign, just that someone had the misfortune of breaking their vita but at least they managed to find someone who would buy it from them lol.

ganoncrotch said:
Ucell said:
Anfebious said:
It could have been saved but it wasn't saved. There is no point in crying over spilt milk. Those are good options but there is no use in trying to correct the wrongs from the past, it's gone!

Enjoy the Vita for what it is and hope that Sony can correct everything in the E3.

I bought a Vita around launch to play brand new God Of War and GTA games, not niche Japanese exclusives.

You bought a system to play games which were not announced or even rumoured to be in the works for it? at launch no less, how long do you think it takes to put together a brand new God of war or gta game, just for the Vita too since it is in a category of it's own in terms of power there is nothing else they could port games just for the Vita to to get extra sales the way they did with GTA liberty city and Vice city stories from the psp to the ps2.

Hopefully you've learned your lesson tho, never buy a system at launch if you want games which haven't been demo'd or shown even, you could be waiting years to get what you want, better to just buy the systems then.

GTA LCS and VCS were huge hits and so were GOW COO and GOS. I definitely expected a sequel to these if only to move more Vita's and please its fanbase.

Ucell said:
ganoncrotch said:
Ucell said:
Anfebious said:

GTA LCS and VCS were huge hits and so were GOW COO and GOS. I definitely expected a sequel to these if only to move more Vita's and please its fanbase.

I'd say in terms of GTA rockstar have their hands more than full right now with making sure the Next gen and PC versions of GTA5 are perfect and ready to launch, they're gonna focus on milking that game for everything they can before trying to please the vita's fanbase sadly