By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is remastering a 1 year old overkill??

2008ProchargedGT said:
jlmurph2 said:
I honestly don't know why anyone would buy it. Seems like a great rental if you've never played on PS3 though. Or if PSNow is out by then in US you could do that for like 5 bucks maybe since it's more of an experience heavy game. But even so, people won't think of that and buy it anyway.

This is because you constantly downplay everything Sony. Let me guess you thin the remastered Halo comi g out is the greatest idea ever...

Well yeah...its a 10 year anniversary for a game that wasn't in HD.

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:
jlmurph2 said:

Can get it for 32 on Amazon. Sony is overpricing it for Digital. Does that mean that the price won't be dropped on PS4 until 2015?? With Gamefly there is no "finish in time". You just rent it for as long as you want to and its $20 a month for 2 games out at a time. Even less for 1 game out at a time. You can even get the first month FREE!

The game is still $60 here.  You don't have to wait for an official price drop just get it on sale, for ex I got Last of Us on PS3 during holiday period for $35, I expect the PS4 version will also be on sale then too.  You can use this logic for any game, so I'm guessing you don't buy any of your games?   

Only games I buy are digital games or games that will keep me interested for longer than 24 hours. Or a game for a good deal. Anything new that I'm interested in just single player (ex. Ryse, Tomb Raider, DR3) is a rental for me. Saves a ton of money.

Couldn't agree more. I loved how they waited 10 years for the remake of Halo CE. This is waay to soon the remastered version is just a piss off.

jlmurph2 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
jlmurph2 said:

Can get it for 32 on Amazon. Sony is overpricing it for Digital. Does that mean that the price won't be dropped on PS4 until 2015?? With Gamefly there is no "finish in time". You just rent it for as long as you want to and its $20 a month for 2 games out at a time. Even less for 1 game out at a time. You can even get the first month FREE!

The game is still $60 here.  You don't have to wait for an official price drop just get it on sale, for ex I got Last of Us on PS3 during holiday period for $35, I expect the PS4 version will also be on sale then too.  You can use this logic for any game, so I'm guessing you don't buy any of your games?   

Only games I buy are digital games or games that will keep me interested for longer than 24 hours. Or a game for a good deal. Anything new that I'm interested in just single player (ex. Ryse, Tomb Raider, DR3) is a rental for me. Saves a ton of money.

But this isn't just single player, the multiplayer was very well received.  

jlmurph2 said:
2008ProchargedGT said:
jlmurph2 said:
I honestly don't know why anyone would buy it. Seems like a great rental if you've never played on PS3 though. Or if PSNow is out by then in US you could do that for like 5 bucks maybe since it's more of an experience heavy game. But even so, people won't think of that and buy it anyway.

This is because you constantly downplay everything Sony. Let me guess you thin the remastered Halo comi g out is the greatest idea ever...

You sir are a hypocrite. I know to not take you seriously from here on thanks

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:
jlmurph2 said:

But this isn't just single player, the multiplayer was very well received.  

I'm sure it was. But there's an unbalanced scale for most games, TLOU included, where the singleplayer is more important. Like I said, Gamefly goes by the month, so I'm sure you can finish the game, get some multiplayer in and be satisfied for the $0 that you spent during that first month for a great experience.

2008ProchargedGT said:
jlmurph2 said:
2008ProchargedGT said:
jlmurph2 said:

You sir are a hypocrite. I know to not take you seriously from here on thanks

Lol really? So you're saying that a remaster of a less than 1 year old game is the same as a 10 year anniversary? Looks like I can't take you seriously either.

Oh yeah, and Halo 2 had the best multiplayer on console. Re-making that is easily giving me 15+ days of play.

jlmurph2 said:

Come mister Murph, you know you want to. Come over to the PS4 and play this remake of the gotg  *wink* *wink*

:P

Pibituh said:
jlmurph2 said:

Come mister Murph, you know you want to. Come over to the PS4 and play this remake of the gotg  *wink* *wink*

:P

Lol I'll get a PS4 when Uncharted comes out. By then PSNow should be good right? If not then I'll stick with my Gamefly.

It sure is if the remaster is on the same platform. But if it's a cross-platform, or new gen remaster ithey can do it after just a couple of week and it's legit. In theory at least there will be some people among the PS4 install base who have switched from 360 or Wii to PS4 and particularly the 360 converts might well relish the chance to play TLOU definitive edition. It is after a game that is at the top of many lists of "games that make you jelly of the other console".

I certainly won't be re-buying it. But it's a damned good buy for anyone who has a PS4 and hasn't played it on PS3.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix