By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Suspicious Timing from Peter Molyneux with his Kinect 2.0 Comments?

Around the Network
VitroBahllee said:

Does anybody else find it a little too coincidental that Peter Molyneux talks to the press about 'Kinect is a joke' and the article runs the day that Kinect Sports Rivals comes out? I have customized my news tabs on Google News to show me stuff I'm interested in, and I have a Wii U tab and an Xbox One tab, and the Xbox one shows ONE review of Kinect Sports Rivals out of nine articles, the other eight are about Molyneux insulting Kinect's price and saying it shouldn't be in the box. Seems a little FUD-y and a little 'coincidental' to me.

Or may you're a little too obsessed with presenting the Xbox One in a positive light. Just staying. 

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Just doesn't convince me.

First of all, Molyneux didn't publish this on his own. From what I understand, he said those remarks during an interview that with Edge magazine, who were asking several developers etc. for their opinion on how Microsoft "intends to turn its console division around". Molyneux wouldn't even know when the interview would be published.

And second: Why should Molyneux do so? What's the point? What does Molyneux have to do with Kinect Sports rivals, and why should he try to ruin it?

Unless someone tells me a plausible explanation, that just sounds like a bizarre theory to me.