By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash on 3DS releases first and has it's own unique game mode. Does Nintendo realize the message that gives about Wii U?

I feel like it's a mistake too, I assumed they'd release at the same time but I would've rather seen it be the exact opposite--the Wii U version come out in advance to get a boost in Wii U sales, followed by the 3DS after. >_>; *sighs*

Around the Network

Considering the huge difference in performance of the console - i think the Wii U will be an entirely different beast- with much more meat than the 3DS version.

Cannibalizing each other? It depends on nintendo's marketing strategy and message - whether they can convince consumers to buy the wii u version over the 3ds, 3ds over the wii u version or buy even both. It's food for thought - however, I am willing to bet that both version will sell extremely well.

The production demands on Wii U are simply much higher. I think it's preposterous to think that this release schedule has anything to do with "console priorities."

As for the unique game mode, that particular idea works far better when each player has a unique screen. If a unique Wii U mode is available, it will have to make sense for that system. We still have not heard anything about what the solo modes will be, either. While not explicitly stated, I would believe that WiiU also has a better foundation for online features, given it's power and control options.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Cheebee said:
Dunban67 said:
Did they say Winter or holiday release?

Winter 2014. Which starts december 21, 2014. So they have an 11-day window to release the game in.

Are you sure they don't just mean Winter month-wise?

No.

But they specifically stated 'winter 2014'. Month-wise would be dec-march, but anything after december is 2015 so that's out of the question. They could have easily stated 'holiday 2014' or Q4 2014 - yet they purposely went with 'winter 2014'. So there you go.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cheebee said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Cheebee said:
Dunban67 said:

Are you sure they don't just mean Winter month-wise?

No.

But they specifically stated 'winter 2014'. Month-wise would be dec-march, but anything after december is 2015 so that's out of the question. They could have easily stated 'holiday 2014' or Q4 2014 - yet they purposely went with 'winter 2014'. So there you go.

It could just mean that while a late November release is possible, early December is much more likely. But still if that's the case then yeah they coulda just said Holiday 2014. Maybe they always just say Winter instead?

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Cheebee said:

No.

It could just mean that while a late November release is possible, early December is much more likely. But still if that's the case then yeah they coulda just said Holiday 2014. Maybe they always just say Winter instead?

Could be, we'll have to wait and dee. And no, they don't always say winter, they've often in the past referred to such release windows as 'holidays' or Q4  etc, and a lot of times as 'year-end season' too.

In any case, I'm confident this will be their big holiday title for 2014, and that it will most likely end up releasing in november or december.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

*facepalm*

Wii U version definitely won't have any exclusive game modes.

In the Direct, he said there was more he was going to reveal at a later date - specifically moveset customisation, and how the 3DS and Wii U games would interact. I don't believe for one minute that there isn't more info to come on exclusive Wii U mode.

Cheebee said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Cheebee said:

Could be, we'll have to wait and dee. And no, they don't always say winter, they've often in the past referred to such release windows as 'holidays' or Q4  etc, and a lot of times as 'year-end season' too.

In any case, I'm confident this will be their big holiday title for 2014, and that it will most likely end up releasing in november or december.

Yep I believe the same! ^_^

the_dengle said:
*facepalm*

Wii U version definitely won't have any exclusive game modes.

Yeah really! I can already see a sort of God mode where a fifth player with the gamepad can alter and interact with the stage, like creating and moving platform, spawning items and enemys, and messing with the Camera among other things to keep the fighters on their toes!