By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Reggie: Wii Will Outsell Xbox 360 in US by June

I dont think that they will ship less, there's no reason for it.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

Reggie says the Wii will sell more than Jesus by December.

I think he may be correct.

brute said:
^he does
but i wonder if ninty shipped extra just to make wii outsell 360 very soon in U.S,i think from next month they will start to ship a little less again

They are in the process of increasing production from 1.8 million per month to 2.4 million.  It's doubtful that shipments will be dropping.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Damn that Reggie, trying to upstage my prediction... just who does he think he is, the head of Nintendo or something?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

NA=/=US.

Around the Network

Reggie is the man, as always.

tombi123 said:
NA=/=US.

Very good point.

However I think it is safe to say that in the USA Wii has either passed 360 or will be passing it the week after.... USA does after all = nearly 90% of the Americas gaming market.

Congratulations on Wii hardware passing the 360 hardware in US by mid May 2008. I wonder what the exact date it reached that milestone?

Rock_on_2008 said:
Congratulations on Wii hardware passing the 360 hardware in US by mid May 2008. I wonder what the exact date it reached that milestone?

It's interesting to wonder, but impossible to know for certain as not even the NPD numbers are accurate enough to determine this.

The final word on Reggie's statement, which was for the US, will be when the NPD releases their monthly numbers for May. 

haha at all those doubters from February!!!