By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who said infamous second son was downgraded?

I finished infamous second son both as good delsin and evil delsin (evil ending was kinda shocking) a few days ago. I remember before launch there were people who claimed graphics was downgraded. After playing extensively I can say graphics was NOT downgraded but in some areas it was upgraded.

Honestly I was not blown away with its graphics but atleast it was great (From a PC gamer standpoint). Good visuals with excellant mocap at 1080p in a console is a treat. But some "so called news sites" were really trying to prove that it was downgraded. It was a decent try. But in the end graphics remains the same (better in some areas) as E3 demo.

Around the Network

As far as I know there was one gaming site showing pictures that looked DIFFERENT from the E3. Then some fanboys said it was downgraded when in reality the lightning was just different, mostly darker on the E3 ones and other stuff looked even better on the actual release.

- Post has been moderated,

Carl

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

ghettoglamour said:
As far as I know there was one gaming site showing pictures that looked DIFFERENT from the E3. Then some fanboys said it was downgraded when in reality the lightning was just different, mostly darker on the E3 ones and other stuff looked even better on the actual release.

Yeah. Because time of day (in the game) changed. But it remained as it was showcased.

they only changed the time of day for a scene which led to less contrast in the picture -> less details were visible (-> some people screamed "downgrade")

what those people didn't realize is, that even in real life you can't see anywhere near as much details at dusk compared to midday (hence you wouldn't read a book at dusk if you don't have a lamp or sth)

Lafiel said:
they only changed the time of day for a scene which led to less contrast in the picture -> less details were visible (-> some people screamed "downgrade")

what those people didn't realize is, that even in real life you can't see anywhere near as much details at dusk compared to midday (hence you wouldn't read a book at dusk if you don't have a lamp or sth)

I really have no idea about the details here, but for the exact reason you mentioned, it would be very easy to downgrade a game graphically and then hide the downgrade by changing lighting to hide all the details (or their absence). Not saying that's what happend because like I said, I don't know the details, but it's possible.

Around the Network
ghettoglamour said:

- Post has been moderated,

Carl

Are we not allowed to say that "F" word at all now?   You weren't referencing any specific user on here so I am not sure why this should be moderated?

kowenicki said:

So ALL the people that expressed the opinon of it being downgraded from some supplied pics were fanboys?

ALL of them?

Its a negative generalisation. Lucky not to get a ban.

He said "some" F's were, not ALL of them. Which I agree with. I even created a thread about the Infamous bundle and it's pre-orders prior to release, only to have my thread hi-jacked by certain users rambling about downgrades and spamming mine along with every other Infamous thread at the time. I agree with GG's assessment.

kowenicki said:

So ALL the people that expressed the opinon of it being downgraded from some supplied pics were fanboys?

ALL of them?

Its a negative generalisation. Lucky not to get a ban.

He didn't say ALL the people. He said SOME people that were just making things up. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Time of day was obviously downgraded from Sunny to Cloudy, it's really obviously showing that the xbox one is superior and that Ryse is the best looking game ever made! /s

kowenicki said:

No. He said some fanboys.  Implication is obvious.

Anyhow, take it up with the mods if you dont like it.  But good luck, as axumblade made a specific point about negative generalisations very recently.

I know he said some fanboys, I was tring to avoid using that word since it's apparantly been made illegal. -__-

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!