By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PC help, please!

Cj2i3 said:
Yeah, you gave me really good instructions and everything and I tried watching some videos on how to do it. I just don't feel comfortable doing it, quite saddened was really looking to using the 750. I guess I'll just invest in a more traditional gaming PC.
I must say though, in the month I've been gaming on PC I have really really enjoyed it(hence upgrading to the 750).
Thanks for your help Lucidium, sorry it was in vein.

Upgrading bios with the proper tools is completely safe :)

If you are really uncomfortable with it you can install team viewer and pm me and I can do the process for you remotely (then uninstall teamviewer once complete).

Around the Network

So we spent some time looking through things and it turns out the bios for the win7 based DX4870 isn't current compatible with kepler based graphics cards, as such only a bios update could fix it, gateway being gateway may never actually bother to issue one.

Yeah I wouldn't hold my breath on an update.

The surprising part is, that gateway still exists. o.o I haven't actually heard about the company in at-least 10 years.

Still some options could be to get another LGA1155 motherboard and swap it out. (You could get a Dual-GPU capable board.)
Or swap the PSU out and go with a higher-end Radeon.

The Quad-Core Sandy Bridge3.0-3.3ghz  CPU is still pretty potent, so it makes sense to stick with it.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:

Yeah I wouldn't hold my breath on an update.

The surprising part is, that gateway still exists. o.o I haven't actually heard about the company in at-least 10 years.

Still some options could be to get another LGA1155 motherboard and swap it out. (You could get a Dual-GPU capable board.)
Or swap the PSU out and go with a higher-end Radeon.

The Quad-Core Sandy Bridge3.0-3.3ghz  CPU is still pretty potent, so it makes sense to stick with it.

Went over these options with him, he may just build a new rig.

Gateway is still around but basically only because Acer now own them, the DX4870 he has is actually marketed as a Acer Aspire 1xxx series desktop pc (rebadged).