By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Outcast Reboot HD on KickStarter! And it's meh!

SvennoJ said:

I bought the original at the time. Never got far in it, too hard and I soon got bored not knowing what I was supposed to do. For all it's touting voxels for great visuals it looked quite bad up close with a weird bumpy landscape to showcase the voxel engine I guess. The voxel tech in Comanche 3 was much better, 2 years earlier.

Almost the same situation for me. I only played it for a little bit when it released as my computer was too weak to play it adequately, but I never went back to it, because I wasn't really interested in playing more of it.

Around the Network

I hate it when promising Kickstarter games turn out to be disappointing :(

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Almost 100k after one day is more than I expected...looks like it haves a chance to going to consoles....Hoped for 40k first day..

VanceIX said:
I hate it when promising Kickstarter games turn out to be disappointing :(

I dont get what is so disappointing. The fact that they didnt show any footage?

They are promising a AAA title by the price of an indie one. How is that anything less than amazing? Granted, they show at least show some footage or art of what they plan to accomplish to give backers an idea.

Looks like it's a fail.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/outcast-reboot-hd/outcast-reboot-hd

Around the Network

Well, they asked to much for this. Maybe next time.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

They wanted 1.3 mil for a console version, was never going to happen.