By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 overtakes Wii in Japan (software)

who cares

Around the Network

With all the great Japanese games coming out for PS3 right now, it'll overtake the PSP by the end of the summer.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

PlayStation 3 is still alive... Wii is dead for over two years....

and this doesnt count digital sales which im sure the ps3 destorys the wii in

I'm surprised the PSP is still doing so well.

Around the Network

The PS3 still gets many 3rd party Japanese games (while the Wii software support died some time ago) so it doesn't surprise that this happened.

Until when will people use the "Just because it sold longer" excuse? Just aknowledge PS3 and X360 survived so much more than Wii because people kept interest in it for much longer and their platform owners respect their fanbase more by keeping the support longer (even if MS have less 1st parties and put more Kinect games than "core" for the last years, it kept the system alive and supported by then and 3rd parties).

If it was just because it was in the market for a longer period, NES should be the greatest selling of all time since it was still sold in Japan in the 2000's like for more than 20 years.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Until when will people use the "Just because it sold longer" excuse? Just aknowledge PS3 and X360 survived so much more than Wii because people kept interest in it for much longer and their platform owners respect their fanbase more by keeping the support longer (even if MS have less 1st parties and put more Kinect games than "core" for the last years, it kept the system alive and supported by then and 3rd parties).

If it was just because it was in the market for a longer period, NES should be the greatest selling of all time since it was still sold in Japan in the 2000's like for more than 20 years.

NES is one of the best selling software wise in Japan. The PS3 still has a decent ways to go before it outsells the Wii. And it probably won't in America. And it isn't that likely in Japan since the generation shift will be starting soon there

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

pezus said:
ParryWinkle said:
I'm surprised the PSP is still doing so well.

Well it's still getting some games, so I'm not that surprised

Yes but I thought Japan is now mostly interested in Tablet and Smart phone games.

ParryWinkle said:

Yes but I thought Japan is now mostly interested in Tablet and Smart phone games.

I think the weekly sales say otherwise. 3DS and Vita are dominating the charts. It is true that the handheld market in Japan is on a relative recession compared to the previous ones, but is surely more open to them than the Western market.