By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Update to Bring Increased TV Functionality

Pezzilla said:
does the Xbox 1 replace the need for a cable box?

No.

Around the Network

seems like a waste of energy for something that only works 80% of the time, I personally am not able to get my Xbox 1 voice commands to function at all.

What energy?? I use more energy and time to find any of my remotes and press the right button or find the right channel number... And in UI it works over 90% of the time and is faster than 2 of my remotes which are delayed.... I'm sorry to hear yours doesn't work.. Sucks for you, but it seems to not interest you much anyway...

@op is there a list of other EU countries???

Pezzilla said:
seems like a waste of energy for something that only works 80% of the time, I personally am not able to get my Xbox 1 voice commands to function at all.

Did you calibrate the kinect with your volume very very high? Its been a known fix since the first Kinect.

Pezzilla said:

Say "Sexbox", instead of "Xbox". You'll get better results.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

I tried that trick the other day to see if it would improve Kinect 1 but it told me the sound was too loud lol

would like it to function to see how well it works for myself, not interested in the TV end of it, my cable box runs 120w and the x1 runs at least 180/200w and being the bill payer, means I watch what I spend (Scab)!

I feel you on the bills... Personally I never watch TV except when my sport teams play and it's nice to be able to watch while playing...

Any word on Australia?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

My One is always on, and I use the TV/Kinect voice support a LOT LOT LOT, and I love it. Frankly (sadly?) it's my favorite part of the system, currently.

The addition of DVR support is VERY welcome. VERY VERY VERY.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?