By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - My new AMD monster PC finally built!

His build is very good not sure why that guy is saying its not.....

A MONSTER build though would be more like mine

Around the Network
Eddie_Raja said:

You're wrong:

290:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-r9-290-review-benchmark,3659-6.html

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-r9-290-review-benchmark,3659-8.html

CPU:

http://www.bf4blog.com/battlefield-4-retail-gpu-cpu-benchmarks/

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/crysis-3-performance-benchmark-gaming,3451-8.html

Wow, now you're even proving my points for me^^

Those GPU benches are listing it now even below the Titan which makes it 3 steps below high end. Counting SLI/CF it's even farer behind.

Aside from the fact that there are not nearly enough CPUs in those benches OP didn't buy a BF4 machine, he did buy a PC and that should run all games and not just BF4. We all know that BF4 performs favorably with AMD CPUs. Doesn't change the fact that the highest end AMD is just as good as a last gen midrange Intel and the F6300 is beaten by an i3 Haswell. There is a reason why Tom's Hardware recommends the F6300 as low end/budget solution.

To reitterate I never said that the build is bad(I said "good" actually) but the title of the thread is misleading. Monster PC is in my eyes a high end PC, which this one is not. The GPU barely lifts it to the border of midrange to high end. The CPU is a disgrace for any PC that calls itself a gaming rig. Plus all the other things I mentioned that made this build sub optimal.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

BenVTrigger said:

I said it's good. The GPU is very good even but the bad CPU, PSU and cooling drags it all down a notch.

And yes, your build would qualify as high end.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
BenVTrigger said:

I said it's good. And yes, your build would qualify as high end.

I actually do agree with you on that CPU, I tried warning him before his build to go Intel. I really dont see any reason why someone would go AMD over Intel other than to save money.

Still though his build is very good. When I think monster though i really only qualify 780ti and Titans in that range.

you put too much emphasis on the CPU, vivster, cpu beyond a certain point makes very little difference in most games.

Around the Network
lucidium said:
you put too much emphasis on the CPU, vivster, cpu beyond a certain point makes very little difference in most games.

Thats certainly true but an Intel wouldve been far more future proof.

Still though this is a plenty nice build and thats a great GPU he has there. Always nice to see more people joining in on PC.

Eddie_Raja said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Eddie_Raja said:

Did you even look at the multi-threaded benchmarks?  LOL the CPU's are right where I said they would be.  In fact the FX-8350 even beat the i7 in one of the benchmarks.

P.S.  Are you saying intel is stronger at single-threaded?  DUH!  Of course they are, but AMD's cores are way cheaper to produce.

Yea but have u taken a look at the gaming benchmarks? Intel beats amd in all cases and not to mention that there are far more single threaded applications then multi-threaded ones

Omg when will people get out of 2012:

http://www.bf4blog.com/battlefield-4-retail-gpu-cpu-benchmarks/

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/crysis-3-performance-benchmark-gaming,3451-8.html

The issue is that one or two games wheres the cpu performs slightly better isn't as good as a cpu performing better in majority of the games and applications. As I showed and stated that most applications and games aren't as optomized as bf4 and with the i5, he would have gotten superior performance in most games as well as great performance in multi-threaded games. His build is awesome but I do wish he choose a better CPU. Luckly for him, with DX12 (maybe) and Mantle, it seems as though the CPU bottleneck won't matter very much

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

BenVTrigger said:
vivster said:
BenVTrigger said:

I said it's good. And yes, your build would qualify as high end.

I actually do agree with you on that CPU, I tried warning him before his build to go Intel. I really dont see any reason why someone would go AMD over Intel other than to save money.

Still though his build is very good. When I think monster though i really only qualify 780ti and Titans in that range.

Unless you are going with a build above $1000, AMD is the clear choice.  The FX-8350 is stronger than an i5 and costs less, which allows you to spend more on what really matters: graphics.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

lucidium said:

I know the F6300 will run almost all games just fine but it is overall not what I would put into a gaming pc. The overall performance of the PC(outside of gaming) will take a hit as well.

The CPU power will get more and more irrelevant with future improvements of the APIs that we're already seeing but still, I'd like to have some reserves.

I just don't like inefficient technology. That's why I called out the stupid PSU as well. But people here seem to think that CPU and GPU is the only thing that matters in a well build PC.

vivster said:

I know the F6300 will run almost all games just fine 

vivster said:

but it is overall not what I would put into a gaming pc.

*facepalm*