By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you "loyal" to any one company?

I am very loyal to Nintendo. I have owned all their consoles since the NES, and I have owned most of their handhelds (I never had a GBA).

I wouldn't mind having another company's stuff, but I never get around to buying it. I'll probably get a PS2 when they are like $50, and I also want a PS3. I'm not sure if I would want a 360 though.

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

Around the Network

I know your talking about consoles, but my loyality comes from companies that have never truly disapointed me over years of experience...

Anywhere from a majority of Sony products (Playstation/Bravia/Vaio/Ericsson)
to 3D Realms/Epic Games/Rockstar
to Saleen/Mercedes-Benz/
to DKNY/Kenneth Cole

These companies always bring in newer products that are better then the previous... Not once have they disapointed, hence my loyality.

Personally, The first thing on my mind is design, The last thing on my mind is price. Features/Power is always there no matter what

Although because I prefer the Playstation brand doesn't mean I dislike its competition, I absolutly love the 360, can't go wrong with GoW and Halo Campaign! The Wii is good, I think I just prefer my console to take advantage of my big HD screen... Playing games is my excuse to be lazy, I don't want to get up and move my arms around :(

This is just me, I'm the minority, no attacks please :)

I have my prefered. All my electricals are sony from tv - walkmans, camera's, mobiles. It's been this way since I had a yellow walkman in the 80's. I also only get nike sneakers, hp computers, loyal to my work, fmaily and friends, But Most of all MY PLAYSTATION!

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

What is the point of this thread? Everyone who thinks it is bad to be loyal says no, and the few people who don't think it's bad are in a huge minority. You should add both: Do you think it is ok to be loyal? Are you loyal? That would make people answer more honestly.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Nintendo.

Actually, idk, when Nintendo wasn't king, i.e. PS1 and PS2 days, I was not buying consoles as I was neck high in school. I might have owned them had I had time/money to spend on console gaming. After all, during those days they had by far the best selection.

Granted I would have owned a N64/GC alongside so I could get Mario/Metroid/Zelda.

Typically though, I don't see myself owning more than one console and Nintendo has the titles (1st party) that I really like, so, Nintendo FTW.

Around the Network

no, i usally get 2 consoles each generation,

@Soriku: I'll see if this if this answers your question:

I most definitely disagree when it comes to which system had the most high quality games. Gamers seem to have this false notion that the console that sold the most is the best console. To most, it doesn't even matter what games were on the console as long as it outsold the other consoles. Take the PS1, for example. Despite it handily outselling the N64, the N64 easily beats it in terms of quality. However, the majority seems to think that the PS1 had the better games. Super Mario 64 was easily better than any game that ever graced the PS1 by a wide margin; The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was, too! The PS1, on the other hand, had solid games. However, there's not a single game I can think of on the PS1 that's an all-time great, and unlike the N64, none of it's games could stand up in todays standards. From a gameplay perspective, the PS1 dosn't come close to matching the N64's quality.

I saw similar a similar scenario between the Gamecube and the Playstation 2. Although the PS2 wasn't the same piece of shit that the PS1 was, it still could not match the pure quality of the Gamecube's best games. Most of the PS2's high profile games fell into the same all-hype-no-gameplay category that the PS1's best fell into. I'm sorry, but Grand Theft Auto is not a 95% quality game. The PS2 had many games like this -- games that aren't up to par with the scores given to them. I doubt any gamer in their right mind will tell you Grand Theft Auto is better than Wind Waker or that Tekken is on par with Super Mario 64. Most of the PS2's library is consists of overrated, over hyped games games that are merely the cool thing to play.

I see the same thing happening this gen, though this time it's from Nintendo instead of Sony. The Playstation 3 is easily capable out performing the Wii. I'll put it like this: Play a Wii game, and then review it as if it were a Playstation 3 game. Obviously, you'll end up seeing the Wii for what it is: a low quality gaming system that's not meant for playing high quality games. Instead, it's meant for mini-games like Wii Sports. Games will always have shallow and mediocre controls on the Wii because of the Wii-mote. Why would I favor a console that plays games even worse than it's last-gen counterpart? The Playstation 3 is doing exactly what the Gamecube and N64 did, and that's exactly what I like.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

no, I like to have products from different companies.

I am quite Brand loyal and it is only partly my choice. Brother liked and bought Nintendo and Microsoft Consoles from day one. For me why buy a system when I can play a game i like on it in the Summer. Wherever my Loyalties are I will buy their products unless it is just simply bad

Favorite Consoles: Sega---> Sony
Favorite Developer: Mediavision
Favorite Publisher: Konami

Systems I own (Games)

Sega: Dreamcast (40) , Saturn (25), Genesis (50), Masters System (10), Game Gear (20)

Sony: PS1 (8), PS2 (60) , PS3 (5), PSP (12)

Atari: 2600 (18) , 7800 (10), Lynx (10)

i am loyal to great games

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)