By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - After the Layoffs Sony is Now Working on Hiring Again; Insider Explains What Happened

ethomaz said:
EspadaGrim said:
I think Evolution Studios could be in danger of being shut down IMO

Yeap... I think the Evolution case was pretty obvious... they missed the deadline in over 6 months.

I don't think that Driveclub will be a success when released and Sony offering the game on PS+ will only hurt sales further.

Around the Network

The new people they higher better be just as good, or better.

EspadaGrim said:
ethomaz said:
EspadaGrim said:

Yeap... I think the Evolution case was pretty obvious... they missed the deadline in over 6 months.

I don't think that Driveclub will be a success when released and Sony offering the game on PS+ will only hurt sales further.

Launch games are not released for profit. They are released for gamers to purchase the console. That was driveclubs job and they have failed big time. GT7 prologue is knocking at the door. They are way over their schedule.

EspadaGrim said:

Yeah they have to be the next to get "cuts". They missed the launch deadline and they still have no set release date. 

And 100MIL is A LOT to invest in a failed game. Sony must of had a lot of trust on this dude to let him throw away 100MIL.

manny10032 said:
EspadaGrim said:

Yeah they have to be the next to get "cuts". They missed the launch deadline and they still have no set release date. 

And 100MIL is A LOT to invest in a failed game. Sony must of had a lot of trust on this dude to let him throw away 100MIL.

It's an insame amount, christ think of what you could do with that 0_o.

Even in terms of video game budgest it's high.

Around the Network
Seece said:
manny10032 said:
EspadaGrim said:

What I don't understand (in business terms) is how do you let him reset the project so many times? It makes no business sense at all. 

and yes 100MIL is crazy high budget for a new IP

Seece said:
manny10032 said:
EspadaGrim said:

Plus games like uncharted or the last of us have much smaller budjet and sells more. Also they push the systems. Its easy to undersand how top sony officials feel. God of war ascension took $50 million and sold like shit. And compared to god of war ascension the last of us surpassed every exceptions.

And Team Ico like there is nothing wrong. If it wasn't because they have 2 masterpieces on their backs, the entire team would be fired by now. On topic: good to know, I just hope the new people is as good or better.

tagging... didn't read the whole thing will read later

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

leyendax69 said:
And Team Ico like there is nothing wrong. If it wasn't because they have 2 masterpieces on their backs, the entire team would be fired by now. On topic: good to know, I just hope the new people is as good or better.

To be honest TLG was never set in stone. Its a dream that every one wants to come true...........SONY ARE YOU LISTENING STOP PLAYING