By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Titanfall's Anticheat Is Now Being Enforced. Cheaters will only play against Cheaters!

riecsou said:
what do they mean by cheating? How exactly do you cheat??

Probably wall hacks (see through walls), speed hacks, and aimbot.

3rd party programs are the cause, sometimes you gotta buy em.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Around the Network

This is a great idea. I would love to see how some of these matches play out.

Predicting that Second Son (PS4) will outsell Titanfall (XOne) in lifetime sales.  Click here for sales comparison thread.

method114 said:
pokoko said:
That's pretty smart. They keep cheaters away from non-cheaters, yet they still have the potential to make money off of them.

Is it possible that a game like Titan Fall is forced to take a route like this with cheaters? Seeing as the game is online only then banning someone would mean they could not play the game at all anymore and essentially make their $60 purchase worthless.I could really see them getting in some sort of legal trouble if they ban people who arent even cheating.

Probably not, as long as they are careful.  Games like WoW have been banning people for years.  The EUA is probably very detailed about this kind of thing.  I can't imagine a lawyer paying this much attention unless it was wide-spread enough for a Class Action suit.

Still, yeah, it's a nice compromise that probably mitigates the rage of those being caught somewhat.  

pokoko said:
method114 said:
pokoko said:
That's pretty smart. They keep cheaters away from non-cheaters, yet they still have the potential to make money off of them.

Is it possible that a game like Titan Fall is forced to take a route like this with cheaters? Seeing as the game is online only then banning someone would mean they could not play the game at all anymore and essentially make their $60 purchase worthless.I could really see them getting in some sort of legal trouble if they ban people who arent even cheating.

Probably not, as long as they are careful.  Games like WoW have been banning people for years.  The EUA is probably very detailed about this kind of thing.  I can't imagine a lawyer paying this much attention unless it was wide-spread enough for a Class Action suit.

Still, yeah, it's a nice compromise that probably mitigates the rage of those being caught somewhat.  

lol wow duh! I completely forgot about MMO's great example. I feel stupid now because I used to play MMO's all the time. So yea I guess this was just a different way to handle cheaters.

I hope the system works effectively. scumbag cheats deserve to play against each another.