By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Titanfall's Anticheat Is Now Being Enforced. Cheaters will only play against Cheaters!

kitler53 said:
kirby007 said:
kitler53 said:

awesome if 100% accurate.   if even 1 non-cheater gets banned they'll have hell to pay.

I assume they will monitor which programs interact with the game, and have a list which programs are allowed and which are not...
Probably still a work around this if you are really desperate.

yeah, i have no idea.  can they really get a list of client side programs like that.   seems,...  NSAish.

probably listed in the Terms of service/use

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

That's nice

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Ohh that's PERFECT...I love it!

I especially loved reading this, "You can play with other banned players in something that will resemble the Wimbledon of aimbot contests. Hopefully the aimbot cheat you paid for really is the best, or these all-cheater matches could be frustrating for you. Good luck" too cool.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

mii-gamer said:
There was something like this before - i think it was an indie dev punishing those that pirated the game in an ironic manner

Anyway, this is a good method of discouraging cheaters.

This video game developer game.  Where early in the game it'd play normal, but later in the game no matter how much you advertised, every AAA game or low budget game would make the same amount because it shows how many people pirate it. 

Quotes like "people keep pirating my games and I'm making no money," etc, etc.  The developers themselves released a tweaked version for the people they knew would pirate it and released it the day of launch.  I wonder if any of those people looked at pirating video games the same way again and now don't do it.

That will be nice, the cheaters-only server will be pretty crazy...

Around the Network

Good for them. Cheaters really need to be culled from the gaming community. This is a clever, nonviolent way to do just that.

OT: why do people bother to cheat? Where's the fun in beating someone by breaking the rules? There's no sport in that.

what do they mean by cheating? How exactly do you cheat??

pokoko said:
That's pretty smart. They keep cheaters away from non-cheaters, yet they still have the potential to make money off of them.

Is it possible that a game like Titan Fall is forced to take a route like this with cheaters? Seeing as the game is online only then banning someone would mean they could not play the game at all anymore and essentially make their $60 purchase worthless.I could really see them getting in some sort of legal trouble if they ban people who arent even cheating.

Awesome!

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Love it, good job Respawn!

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC