By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DS4 lightbar turns blue/red depending on your Infamous karma level being good/evil.

I dunno how a light bar can be a battery drain given it's LED which uses bugger all power. I'd say speaker probably drains more power than the light bar, which is also quite well utilised in inFamous.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Reminds me of the light on my Alienware switching from blue to red depending on whether it's the player's or aliens' turn in X-Com

Nice touch. Glad they put it in

think-man said:
Nice, I thought it only changed depending on which player slot you were in.

Oh... you have no idea of the outlandish things they do with that annoying light. On tomb raider when you get a torch it flashes between yellow and red until it gives you a seazure and kills 2 nearby epilectics. It is the worst feature on the ps4 and i cant wait until they finally let us turn it off. 

I have heard thief gives it the brightest white light when youre not in the dark. 

Its distracting and annoying, especially if you are playing in the dark.

Dgc1808 said:
I still hate the damn light. It's only use so far has been to tell me if the controller is still charging or nor when the system is in stand-by. The karma thing is pointless because i'm never looking at the controller. Health bar in killzone is useless because i'm never looking at the control. The damn thing is just a battery drain and distraction at night.

YUP.

I see absolutely no reason why they can't let you switch it off when it's not used. If you don't even have a camera then it's even more pointless! I wonder how much it would boost the DS4's battery life.