By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is the 360 doing really that bad in Japan?

Zombl337 said:
Ari_Gold said:
i don't really care if t sells bad over there.. its not like i'm a professional that works for microsoft...

The 360 is doing better you slant eye bastard.

cheers brother

Around the Network
X-Man said:
It's a fail anyway you look at it

o really outselling its predessesor (<=wtf :S) is?

so ps3 is fail too? rofl

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

It maybe also MS own name of the product that is keeping it from selling as my friend who lives in Japan said

"The sign "X" in Japanese culture and body language means No and bad and stop. Alot of people dont realize that."

>o really outselling its predessesor (

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
>o really outselling its predessesor (<=wtf :S) is?

if Ninjabread man 2 outsold Ninjabread man, does it make it a good game?

ahhh, good old philosophical quesiton.

i didnot say that... i only mentioned it not being bad everyway you look at it..

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

and if ninjabread man 2 outsold ninjabread man then it is doing some thing good

Its attach rate is better then any other system in Japan methinks. Oerall its sales are horrible, but I think it is making slowly putting its name out there as a viable competitor to the N and Sony systems. I think they should keep trying as they may be able to make a bigger impact with the 720 if the 360 keeps a good name for itself.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

sharky said:

It's a success relative to last Xbox. Last Xbox often sold 250 per week. This one maintains solid 2-5k sales even in slow times. It's a night and day difference. That is how 360 surpassed Xbox 1 life sales some time ago in Japan, despite have a MUCH lower launch sales.

360 is even almost a viable console in Japan. I mean, if I recall, Gamecube often sold 10k per week. 360 is therefore averaging 25-40% of Gamecube!

All that said, it's still the difference between "horrendous" and just plain "bad" though.

Of course none of that is microsofts fault anyway, as the Japanese wont buy a foreign console for strategic reasons. But of course everybody knows that.

The Gamecube is widely considered to be a failure (even in Japan) so comparing it to that console isn't comparing it to a successful console.

I'm betting half of the 360's in Japan are replacements for previous RROD 360's

The Japenese don't really like AMerican Gaming systems

but we love japenese game sytems though..