By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW+SW, week ending 3/22.

I'd love to know the first week digital numbers for the new consoles. Ubisoft said 6-7% on new releases last year (before current gen launch) but I'm betting that will be higher for the PS4/XO, with first-party releases even higher than third-party.

I'd guess at least 10% on PS4, perhaps a tad lower on XO. The digital percentage also typically begins creeping upwards over time.

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
wary-wallaroo said:
dovus said:
FlamingWeazel said:
dovus said:
1 million preorders... and 700k sales. So interesting.

Don't believe inside derp, but remember infamous was up for digital pre-order for 4 weeks, and how accurate is VGCHARTZ software numbers?

They say that it has 150k digital sales here http://insiderp.com/ps4-reaches-7-million-as-infamous-sells-1million.html 

Wasn't there a report that that PS4 digital sales were a lot higher nowadays than expected. It'd make sense given all the PSN $ cards at the top of Amazon charts (though Amazon isn't a big indication of much). inFamous Second Son was the first, full priced digital game I've ever purchased.

You arent getting it, they said it had at least 850k retail pre-orders. Which was completely wrong. 

Maybe, and I dont believe insider derp but how do you know how accurate vg chartz is? Their software tracking has been spotty at best.

jlmurph2 said:
wary-wallaroo said:
dovus said:
FlamingWeazel said:
dovus said:

Don't believe inside derp, but remember infamous was up for digital pre-order for 4 weeks, and how accurate is VGCHARTZ software numbers?

They say that it has 150k digital sales here http://insiderp.com/ps4-reaches-7-million-as-infamous-sells-1million.html 

Wasn't there a report that that PS4 digital sales were a lot higher nowadays than expected. It'd make sense given all the PSN $ cards at the top of Amazon charts (though Amazon isn't a big indication of much). inFamous Second Son was the first, full priced digital game I've ever purchased.

You arent getting it, they said it had at least 850k retail pre-orders. Which was completely wrong. 

You are the one not getting it and everyone else.  In that article they discuss FULL WEEK meaning it sold 695000 in 2 Days!  They added the next 5 days GENUISES and it will easily reach the amoun they said in 7 days if it got 695000 in 2.  READING IS FUNDAMENTAL.

Dark_Feanor said:
wary-wallaroo said:

I can definitely see the X1 continuing to fall now that the Titanfall hype is starting to sizzle out. All Sony needs is stable supply. Then, launch MLB next month, exclusive marketing for Watchdogs in May, Driveclub in the Summer, exclusive marketing for Destiny, and then the Order late 2014. Add to that some hype building by showing off a bit of PSVR at E3 and it's going to be a very tough road for MS this year, especially if all they have is a HD remake, a game from a mediocre developer, and yet another Forza. I very much doubt QB will make it this year, and even if it did, it's not the system selling, buzz making type of game (see Alan Wake). 

Do you understand that no one care for your biased  and uterly wrong "predictions"?

You can down play and hope XOne will fail as much as you want. It won´t change the reality.

The reality is that Xone is performing better than much of people here "predricted".

Looking at your post history this is hilarous.

Most predicted X1 to do a lot better then what it did with ttianfall, many said it would Turn the tide in UK and US, has not happened, it's going back to pre-TF levels shortly. If sony had more supply it would have outsold x1 TF week.

dovus said:

That only counts 2 days of sales. Titanfall sold 905,000 in 4 with over 30% free. And X1 fanboys are happy.  I for one am I VERY ANGRY first day X1 and PS4 purchaser who had to pay fullprice for Titanfall.  I'm still waiting on Microsoft to compensate.

Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:
wary-wallaroo said:

I can definitely see the X1 continuing to fall now that the Titanfall hype is starting to sizzle out. All Sony needs is stable supply. Then, launch MLB next month, exclusive marketing for Watchdogs in May, Driveclub in the Summer, exclusive marketing for Destiny, and then the Order late 2014. Add to that some hype building by showing off a bit of PSVR at E3 and it's going to be a very tough road for MS this year, especially if all they have is a HD remake, a game from a mediocre developer, and yet another Forza. I very much doubt QB will make it this year, and even if it did, it's not the system selling, buzz making type of game (see Alan Wake). 

Do you understand that no one care for your biased  and uterly wrong "predictions"?

You can down play and hope XOne will fail as much as you want. It won´t change the reality.

The reality is that Xone is performing better than much of people here "predricted".

I doubt anyone cares what anyone else cares. No one on here really knows anything for sure, and they're called predictions for a reason. The X1 won't fail in NA, and UK, elsewhere it's a very different story.

The X1 is perfomring so well, that MS is packing in their most hyped game ever for free, and issuing price cuts left and right. That's truly the mark of a successful console. At least, that's what you're saying, right?

jlmurph2 said:
wary-wallaroo said:
dovus said:
FlamingWeazel said:
dovus said:

I'm not defending Derp, since I doubt they're right, but it's not like VGchartz numbers are any better than theirs. We won't know either way until there's official numbers, all we have now are estimated and guesses. 

Fusioncode said:
wary-wallaroo said:
Fusioncode said:
wary-wallaroo said:

Insomniac isn't mediocre, and Sunset Overdrive looks amazing. 

Based on a CGI trailer and their bad track record these past few years? How'd you come to the conclusion? I mean, at least if we'd seen something about then maybe, but we've literally seen nothing. We know more about QB than we do SO (and that's saying something). 

I honestly want to know where the hype for SO is coming from outside it being an Insomniac game exclusive to Xbox. I must be missing something because I swear no one gave a crap about them until they announced Xbox exclusivity (the reaction to Fuse, their two "Ratchet" games, and the constant hate for R3 would have led me believe otherwise). 

And regarless, SO isn't a hype building, system selling game. It's good for people who already own X1s, but it won't be moving many systems, it's not going to help MS' future prospects unless it comes with a nice, fat price cut. 

I don't care that it's exclusive to Xbox, it looks like a fun game. The E3 trailer was fantastic, if the gameplay is anything like that I think it will be a great game. 

That's a big if. Insomniacs history as of late, would lead me to believe that it won't be the case. But again, that's just my opnion. It could be you really loved their past few games, in which case I'd see why you're hyped. I just didn't. Their Ratchet Future Trilogy was great, and R1 was great. Everything else they've made has been meh last gen (especailly hated what they did to R2). I also hate their handeling of the Ratchet IP

But as I said, I may be proven wrong. It could be they return to form, and in that case, I'll enjoy playing it in 2016/2017.

GotBoth said:
jlmurph2 said:
wary-wallaroo said:

You are the one not getting it and everyone else.  In that article they discuss FULL WEEK meaning it sold 695000 in 2 Days!  They added the next 5 days GENUISES and it will easily reach the amoun they said in 7 days if it got 695000 in 2.  READING IS FUNDAMENTAL.

Insiderp also said that the game had 190k digital preorders but only 150k digital sales in its first week. So yeah, reading is fundamental, right?

GotBoth said:
dovus said:

That only counts 2 days of sales. Titanfall sold 905,000 in 4 with over 30% free. And X1 fanboys are happy.  I for one am I VERY ANGRY first day X1 and PS4 purchaser who had to pay fullprice for Titanfall.  I'm still waiting on Microsoft to compensate.

What? That's like saying first day buyers should be compensated for Halo 5 in a year. Titanfall is still something that needs to be purchased. Did you want MS to compensate you for Halo 3 back in 2007?

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Welfare said:
GotBoth said:
dovus said:

What? That's like saying first day buyers should be compensated for Halo 5 in a year. Titanfall is still something that needs to be purchased. Did you want MS to compensate you for Halo 3 back in 2007?

Except Halo 5 is coming out what, two years after the X1? Whereas all these bundles and price cuts for the X1 come just 4 months after launch. Yea, no difference at all. 

Now I don't think early adopters deserve compensation, they new they were buying an overpriced machine; however, I can see why they'd be upset. If Sony cut the price for the PS4 in March, I'd be pretty damn upset too (but of course, i woudln't feel entitlted to compenstation). 

Waoo MGS:GZ sell a lot for just a demo!!!