By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW+SW, week ending 3/22.

Dark_Feanor said:

The only advantage I see is the 10% Japan for PS3... but for PS4 it´s only 5%....

Do this math for PS4, please. 

I did in the past... the rest of the world sales for PS3 accounts for 12 million of the 80 million sales... ~15%... Japan more ~10%... so NA + EU means ~75% of PS3 sales.

Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:
Normchacho said:

The PS4 gets a 28% boost from it's remaining 46 markets. You're telling me you think the Xbox One, which is much less popular outside of the english speaking world. Would get between a one and one and a half million sales boost from 37 markets? That's a percentage boost of between 26% and 38%.

From nine less markets in an area the Xbox brand just isn't very popular in...

Again, the Brazil exemple.

Xbox was nothing here and Playstation was the sinonimous for vide-game, and two generations before was Nintendo.

It dosen´t matter if it´s popular or not, Microsoft could spend tons of money in marketing and othr incentives... may be selling the Xone cheaper than the PS4, which is inflated in some markets.

It´s not set on stone that a market will belong forever to a brand and never shift towards a competitor.

Ok, sure. If there was somehow a massive shift in the video game market in several dozen countries your scenario is plausable. But in the real world, with the information we have, your vision is little more than wishful thinking.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

bananaking21 said:

you can keep saying the number of markets all you want, doesnt change the fact that PS4 has outsold XB1 in every market XB1 released in, with the exception of brazil

Time to PM ethomaz now.

Good sales for infamous. Titanfall did as expected for its 2nd week. People that predicted that infamous would outsell Titanfall will most likely be wrong. At least that's how it's looking now but we don't know its sales worldwide or if it will have longer legs than Titanfall.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
Good sales for infamous. Titanfall did as expected for its 2nd week. People that predicted that infamous would outsell Titanfall will most likely be wrong. At least that's how it's looking now but we don't know its sales worldwide or if it will have longer legs than Titanfall.

This is only 1 day of sales. So I'd imagine had this released on Tuesday, it would eclipse the 700,000 mark.

Around the Network
KingofTrolls said:
bananaking21 said:

you can keep saying the number of markets all you want, doesnt change the fact that PS4 has outsold XB1 in every market XB1 released in, with the exception of brazil.

Time to PM ethomaz now.

I'm not denying but think like that...

PS4 has outsold XB1 in every market XB1 released in, with the exception of Australia... turned false.
PS4 has outsold XB1 in every market XB1 released in, with the exception of New Zeland... turned false.
PS4 has outsold XB1 in every market XB1 released in, with the exception of Brazil...

It is hard because Xbone is ~R$1,900 and PS4 ~R$3,500 today here... but everything can happen and GFK didn't release any word about PS4/Xbone in Brazil... so we need to wait.

That give me the change to share a full anecdotal story from my little brother called Vinícius

He works at some big retail in Brazil called Magazine Luiza in a city called Jales (SP) and until the last weekend the store didn't received any Xbone or PS4 to sell... so he was excited to put his hands in the when the consoles get into store to be sold to consumers because they can play outside the work the console that is opened to display pourposes.

He already played a lot of PS4 because I own one and I was in vacation in my parent's home in the city called Santa Albertina (he lives with my parents and works in Jales that is far way 32km... travel every day).

So they finally received the Xbone... Every employee started to work to put a big 72" Bravia at the center of the store to plug the Xbone and play it before the store open (consumer will can play after the store open too).

But when they turned on the console the shadow of the DRM happened... internet connection required to start the console.

Everybody got disapointed and hate the fact they can play a game (they rent a game jsut to this pourpose... R$15 a day)... they tried to use the 3G connect of two cellphones to install the day one patch but they break the month limite of data tranfer of the cellphone plan they had without finish the patch download (I guess they thought it was some 500MB lol).

The first impression of the Xbone on store was bad... really bad but they wanted to play yet... so one of the coworkers of my brother took the console to home to install the patch with the internet.

Everybody happy in the other day? No... more disappointment.

The guys installed the patch but forget to create a Live account... so when they turned the console again they need internet to create the live account.

At the end they didn't played the game and have to return paying the R15 without play nothing.

The consoles are at stores to be sold without any in display because they can't make it work due all the shadow of the DRM.

My brother impressions?

+ He found the console big and ugly
+ He found the power brink unbeliable huge... he never saw one so big in his life (his words... not mine)
+ He found the Xbone's controller less durable (worst material) than 360's controller

Nice future Microsoft

PS. Because all the issues with the internet to play... they thought that the console needs to be checked in the internet every 24 hours... I need to explain to it that it is not more this case and the console will works fine after the day one patch.

ICStats said:
Dark_Feanor said:

50 markets vs 13 markets

These points have been debated endlessly by others so I won't repeat the same things.

So why do you rehash the false "bbbbut 13 countries only" argument? Again, Xbox One is WILDLY available in Europe (even in Iceland which doesn't even apear in ANY "tier x" list. Making a grandiose "tier 2 countries in September" announcement is just hollow, most of these tier 2 countries have been selling XBox Ones for months now...

Again, people, stop this 13 countries nonsense when you try to fabricate a useless argument. You may wish/hope/pray that suddenly the sales will explode in September, but it is NOT going to happen, because the console is already selling in most of those countries. Can't stress the argument enough than that.

ethomaz said:
KingofTrolls said:
bananaking21 said:

you can keep saying the number of markets all you want, doesnt change the fact that PS4 has outsold XB1 in every market XB1 released in, with the exception of brazil.

Time to PM ethomaz now.

I'm not denying but think like that...

PS4 has outsold XB1 in every market XB1 released in, with the exception of Australia... turned false.
PS4 has outsold XB1 in every market XB1 released in, with the exception of New Zeland... turned false.
PS4 has outsold XB1 in every market XB1 released in, with the exception of Brazil...

It is hard because Xbone is ~R$1,900 and PS4 ~R$3,500 today here... but everything can happen and GFK didn't release any word about PS4/Xbone in Brazil... so we need to wait.

That give me the change to share a full anecdotal story from my little brother called Vinícius

He works at some big retail in Brazil called Magazine Luiza in a city called Jales (SP) and until the last weekend the store didn't received any Xbone or PS4 to sell... so he was excited to put his hands in the when the consoles get into store to be sold to consumers because they can play outside the work the console that is opened to display pourposes.

He already played a lot of PS4 because I own one and I was in vacation in my parent's home in the city called Santa Albertina (he lives with my parents and works in Jales that is far way 32km... travel every day).

So they finally received the Xbone... Every employee started to work to put a big 72" Bravia at the center of the store to plug the Xbone and play it before the store open (consumer will can play after the store open too).

But when they turned on the console the shadow of the DRM happened... internet connection required to start the console.

Everybody got disapointed and hate the fact they can play a game (they rent a game jsut to this pourpose... R$15 a day)... they tried to use the 3G connect of two cellphones to install the day one patch but they break the month limite of data tranfer of the cellphone plan they had without finish the patch download (I guess they thought it was some 500MB lol).

The first impression of the Xbone on store was bad... really bad but they wanted to play yet... so one of the coworkers of my brother took the console to home to install the patch with the internet.

Everybody happy in the other day? No... more disappointment.

The guys installed the patch but forget to create a Live account... so when they turned the console again they need internet to create the live account.

At the end they didn't played the game and have to return paying the R15 without play nothing.

The consoles are at stores to be sold without any in display because they can't make it work due all the shadow of the DRM.

My brother impressions?

+ He found the console big and ugly
+ He found the power brink unbeliable huge... he never saw one so big in his life (his words... not mine)
+ He found the Xbone's controller less durable (worst material) than 360's controller

Nice future Microsoft

PS. Because all the issues with the internet to play... they thought that the console needs to be checked in the internet every 24 hours... I need to explain to it that it is not more this case and the console will works fine after the day one patch.

You forgot the part where the XBox One gave everyone cancer, and then playing PS4 cured them of it. 

Soundwave said:

You forgot the part where the XBox One gave everyone cancer, and then playing PS4 cured them of it.

Sorry but I don't understand what you want to mean...

My brother story happened... you can ask him or even call the Magazine Luiza store (I can send you the facebook contact if you wish)... this is real life.

pezus said:
jlmurph2 said:
pezus said:

Excuse for PS4 selling more? Wat

Excuse for PS4 selling less Software even if it sells more Hardware. 

Sorry, why did our discussion turn to that?

It is a real thing, though. When most PS4 owners get free games once a month it is one more game to play per month and thus they are less likely to buy another game per month than console owners who don't get any free games (and don't even have any true F2P games either).

upgrade plan. im wiling to bet that shitloads of sales happened because of that. i did it with CoD and BF.