By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW+SW, week ending 3/22.

jlmurph2 said:
Aerys said:
Well, it seems people dont want MGS on xbox consoles

We're kinda disconnected without MGS IV. Kojima could have ported it using the installation method some 360 games use now but we never got it.

TBH i wouldnt be surprised if Kojima didnt even WANT MGS on xbox, I imagine it was a decision made by people above him

Around the Network

I was expecting the xbone to be at least ahead of 3ds but its still fine. Wii is done, 360 is done, PS3 about to be done. Wii U still...yeah. PSV dont know what the hell happened their but good for them. I remember when people swore Wii U would have passed it by now. WHen will it do it now?

Dark_Feanor said:
DerNebel said:
ICStats said:
Last week XB1 gained 23k with it's big title versus a regular PS4 week. This week PS4 gained 88k with it's big title versus an inflated XB1 week. Still looking good for the PS and I don't know what will change without some big announcements.

Regular PS4 week isn't quite right, last week was the PS4s second worst week yet. :D

50 markets vs 13 markets

$400  vs  $500 (70% bundles?)

People may try  to downplay Xone performance as long as they want, it dosen´t change de fact it´s doing great, much better than many here belived it would back after E3.

I wonder the 180 wans´t even necessary, the only thing holding Xone is price.

Yea, it's doing so well that MS decided to pack in their biggest game for free. It's also doing so well that retailers are cutting price left and right! That's totally what a successful console does!

The 50 vs 13 markets thing is absurd dude, look at the numbers. The X1 is out in all it's major markets, releasing in other territories will add a negligible amount of sales since Xbox is near irrelevent outside the US and UK

Dark_Feanor said:
DerNebel said:
ICStats said:
Last week XB1 gained 23k with it's big title versus a regular PS4 week. This week PS4 gained 88k with it's big title versus an inflated XB1 week. Still looking good for the PS and I don't know what will change without some big announcements.

Regular PS4 week isn't quite right, last week was the PS4s second worst week yet. :D

50 markets vs 13 markets

People may try  to downplay Xone performance as long as they want, it dosen´t change de fact it´s doing great, much better than many here belived it would back after E3.

you can keep saying the number of markets all you want, doesnt change the fact that PS4 has outsold XB1 in every market XB1 released in, with the exception of brazil. 

Xbox One has recieved a 50$ price cut in many big retails and has a free game shipping with it. which makes the Xb1 stand at a 390$ price tag comparted to PS4's 400$.

you may want to try downplay PS4's performance but you need to accept the fact that the majority of people see that the PS4 is a better console, its that simple. 

@bolded: LOL! no, if the 180 didnt happen it would have been very reasonable to think that PS4 would have outsold XB1 be a ratio of 6:1 or even 7:1. people simply didnt want the DRM bullshit. 

@underlined: no it isnt, as evident by the results of the price cut. 

Dark_Feanor said:
DerNebel said:
ICStats said:

50 markets vs 13 markets

How about: Bundling your most anticipated game for free vs just having more stock available (which btw completely flies in the face of your whole "stock is not limited"-theory)

And it should be:

13 markets that make up probably over 80% of past Xbox owners, plus other european markets that already sell the console despite no official release date vs 50 markets of which many smaller markets hardly see any stock at all...

That 13 markets excuse is tired and completely wrong.

So it's cheaper and now? I never denied that, fact is still that the PS4 is easily handing it to the X1.

Also I was making a simple observation based on vgchartz numbers I didn't say that it's not doing good or anything, if that is downplaying to you, than that is your problem not mine.

The 180 was necessary, definitely.

Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:
Xenostar said:

The 180 was definatley necessary, after that i saw many people calm down and start talking about getting one again. 

People freaking on internet foruns does not represents the entire population of gamers.

But the toxicity back in June was desgusting and could have influenced some early adopters. But in the long run it wouldn´t make a difference.

As we have seen this last 2 weeks, great games sells consoles, not pixel counting or "we are the good guys". Not forgeting the price, of course.

Yeah i was talking about my friends and colleagues not internet forums

The X1 is going to be sub-100k next week, I think. It's definitely on it's way back to a 50-60k baseline and it'll likely stay there until a price cut. The PS4 is going to absorb all the attention going forward. Exclusive Marketing for Watch Dogs, and Destiny. Driveclub, MLB, The Order. Project Morpheus. Playstation Now.

MS needs to do something or they're going to start fading into irrelevance now that they can't ride on Titanfall's Hype train. Kinect Sports Rivals ain't going to do much of anything. And their next exclusive is when, sometime late 2014 (QB or SO, neither of which are big mainstream games). It's going to be a rough year ahead for X1.

DerNebel said:
Dark_Feanor said:
DerNebel said:
ICStats said:

50 markets vs 13 markets

How about: Bundling your most anticipated game for free vs just having more stock available (which btw completely flies in the face of your whole "stock is not limited"-theory)

And it should be:

13 markets that make up probably over 80% of past Xbox owners, plus other european markets that already sell the console despite no official release date vs 50 markets of which many smaller markets hardly see any stock at all...

That 13 markets excuse is tired and completely wrong.

So it's cheaper and now? I never denied that, fact is still that the PS4 is easily handing it to the X1.

Also I was making a simple observation based on vgchartz numbers I didn't say that it's not doing good or anything, if that is downplaying to you, than that is your problem not mine.

The 180 was necessary, definitely.

For your account the 80% makert the other 20% would give the XOne 1mi extra sales until now... Cut the price to 450 and, lets say, another 20% boost...

Total  ~5.5mi.

The fact is that for some people (not you) the Xone is so terrible, so inferior that no one is insterested on buying one, whatever the price.

Dark_Feanor said:

50 markets vs 13 markets

Again. it is not Sony or Microsoft that sell the consoles, it's shops. In Europe, shops like the Metro Group (MediaMarkt, Saturn, etc). Roughly 1000 shops all over mainland Europe. We have seen pictures in the web of XBox Ones in shops in Iceland, Sweden, Norway, Belgium, Switzerland, Croatia, and I am sure the Mediamarkts in other parts of Europe got their share of XBox Ones as well. Curiously, the last PS4s shipped to Switzerland early February, while X1s are readily available since mid-January.

So will you give up that silly "50 vs 13" argument. it is simply nonsense. Any "official launch" in most European countries will come and go largely unnoticed, since those countries already have the consoles in shops.

drkohler said:
Dark_Feanor said:

50 markets vs 13 markets

Again. it is not Sony or Microsoft that sell the consoles, it's shops. In Europe, shops like the Metro Group (MediaMarkt, Saturn, etc). Roughly 1000 shops all over mainland Europe. We have seen pictures in the web of XBox Ones in shops in Iceland, Sweden, Norway, Belgium, Switzerland, Croatia, and I am sure the Mediamarkts in other parts of Europe got their share of XBox Ones as well. Curiously, the last PS4s shipped to Switzerland early February, while X1s are readily available since mid-January.

So will you give up that silly "50 vs 13" argument. it is simply nonsense. Any "official launch" in most European countries will come and go largely unnoticed, since those countries already have the consoles in shops.

Does MS market the console there?

Do they have billboards at public places, subway, bus stops?

Does MS advertise on major sport events?

Do they have deals with retailers to co-marketing and distribution?

Is the price not inflated?

Oh boy, a official launch is way, way beyond this grey market thing.

I can give you the PS3 case in Brazil. Since 2007 you could buy a PS3 anywere here, but it wasn´t officialy launced. It had no failure suport or ensurance, it costed almost twice the current PS4 price.

It wasn´t until 2012 that Sony launch the PS3 in Brazil. In those 5 years the Playstation that was almost a sinonimous for vide game in Brazil was almost wipe out by the Xbox 360.

However, since 2012 the PS3 had a huge resurgence enventhough is still more expencive than the 360.