By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Xbox One is now cheaper than the PS4

Recent pricedrops have lowered the XBO to $450 with a free $60 game bundled. That basically puts its value at $390, ten bucks cheaper than the PS4. Will this improved value lead to XBO taking the lead in March NPD, or will PS4 continue its winning streak? 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

Well, it will certainly increase the sales and the Xbox Branding is still a thing so if this doesn't help the X1 in a major way till e3, idk what will

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Fusioncode said:

Recent pricedrops have lowered the XBO to $450 with a free $60 game bundled. That basically puts its value at $390, ten bucks cheaper than the PS4. Will this improved value lead to XBO taking the lead in March NPD, or will PS4 continue its winning streak? 

PS4 will continue its winning streak.  It needs to be $300 to really take off.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

shikamaru317 said:
Also there's the brief boost from Amazon's $400 with Forza mistake last night. I think Xbox One will take March NPD. April is the real question. Walmart suggested that they planned to keep the $450 Titanfall bundle until at least Easter.

my browser is still open to the checkout on that deal... tempting me... if it would even let my finalize at this point...

But PS4 is more powerful than Xbox One.

Around the Network

Arguable really, buying ps4 when you have a ps3/PSP/vita gets you free content every month at no extra charge, or 40 ish if you didn't already have PS+, PS+ and xbl are kind of essential on ps4/bone now anyway lol

More value sure, but not cheaper! $450 is technically still more than $400! xP

inb4butyouhavetobuyagametouseps4

Ah but you need to get xbl to play this free multiplayer online game online

Also, it's still at least cheaper than the ps4 in canada, where price went up.

So the recent pricedrop and freebie game is now the same cost as ps4 thanks to a priceraise and no freebie pack in.

Great. Now people can finally see that it's not the price holding the X1 back.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Einsam_Delphin said:
More value sure, but not cheaper! $450 is technically still more than $400! xP

inb4butyouhavetobuyagametouseps4

I agree - it's only cheaper when the console itself is cheaper, which it isn't.