By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - A Nintendo fan's review of Infamous Second Son

Great assessment. Another flaw I would add is the "magnetic" way of climbing on things. I always hated that about Infamous games. The other ways of getting up buildings makes it a LOT more bearable in this game though. I agree with your other gripes for the most part as well, though I'd say the ability to move around faster makes the battles against large enemies fun and varied. I love dashing up and down buildings while fighting the enemies. And since they can keep up with your movements for the most part, it never feels dull to me. Overall though, I'd say this is the most fun I've had in an open world game since San Andreas and Spider-Man 2.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network
adriane23 said:
Great assessment. Another flaw I would add is the "magnetic" way of climbing on things. I always hated that about Infamous games. The other ways of getting up buildings makes it a LOT more bearable in this game though. I agree with your other gripes for the most part as well, though I'd say the ability to move around faster makes the battles against large enemies fun and varied. I love dashing up and down buildings while fighting the enemies. And since they can keep up with your movements for the most part, it never feels dull to me. Overall though, I'd say this is the most fun I've had in an open world game since San Andreas and Spider-Man 2.

This games excellent traversal abilities reminded me of spider man 2. It's awesome to be able to move through an open world so fluidly.

Mensrea said:

and the best superhero game I've ever played.

Lies.

Cusp is a funny word lol

I agree with the best superhero game I've ever played bit. and pretty much you whole review. But the side quest aren't that bad if you don't don't grind on them. There could have be more variety but maybe they'll nail it in the next one. It's been a lot of fun anyway. Also, you may want to mark your review for spoilers. Many who haven't played don't want to know what the 3rd power is.

Around the Network

This game sounds fun.

Game was too short in my opinion (I haven't completed it yet but am on the final boss fight). Also, giving you the last power so late in the game was a mistake...the only explanation I can think of is that the developers ran out of time and had to cut the game short. However, it was a blast to play -- a flawed gem.