By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The best RPG of last generation?

Best of last generation

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 76 13.92%

Mass Effect 2 49 8.97%

Dark Souls 47 8.61%

Witcher 2 17 3.11%

Fallout 3 18 3.30%

Xenoblade Chronicles 200 36.63%

Ni No Kuni 63 11.54%

Lost Odyssey 23 4.21%

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn 13 2.38%

Valkyria Chroncles 40 7.33%

Total:546

1. FF XIII
2. Mass effect 2
3. Dragon age: origins
4. Skyrim
5. Dragon's dogma

Around the Network

JRPG: Xenoblade

RPG: Skyrim

RPG/JRPG: Dark Souls (just started playing it though, so...)

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Tales of Vesperia/Graces

Demon's Souls > Dark Souls and Oblivion > Skyrim imo.

I'd say Demon's Souls is the best RPG of last gen though.  Haven't played Dark Souls 2, so no idea.  Even though I liked the open world better than the hub from Demon's Souls , there were some things I really didn't like about Dark Souls, not going to go into detail.

Mass effect trilogy is best rpg overall. Ill give credit to xenoblade for being the best jrpg

Around the Network

Well, if I can make a choice not from the pool then I vote for Radiant Historia....
Imo, it has a good music, a good gameplay, and also a good story. So, I guess it has everything to be the contender for that....

But, if I must strictly choose from the pool, then I give my vote to Valkyria Chronicles....

Dark Souls.

Last_Dream said:
Well, if I can make a choice not from the pool then I vote for Radiant Historia....
Imo, it has a good music, a good gameplay, and also a good story. So, I guess it has everything to be the contender for that....

But, if I must strictly choose from the pool, then I give my vote to Valkyria Chronicles....

You don't have to stick with the poll. It isn't letting me edit the poll at all, so I can't change it to have an "other" option. 

the best ever, Mass effect trilogy no game comes close

It always pains me to see people making these types of threads but always missing out on fairly amazing games such as Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story and Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver. Seriously, folks? You only go for the obvious.