By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone else thinks that boss fights in Dark Souls II are too easy (spoilers) ?

Tagged games:

Which game has the hardest bosses ?

Demon's Souls 4 57.14%

Dark Souls 1 14.29%

Dark Souls II 0 0%

I beat NG7+ at SL1 2 28.57%

Total:7

Maybe I'm too quick to judge as I haven't finished the game yet, but so far I have killed around 10 to 15 bosses, the sentinel trio killed me 3 times, executioner's chariot, pursuer and lost sinner killed me once, half scorpion woman (or half woman sccorpion) came really close, and every other boss just barely touched me before they died (a couple of them didin't even touch me at all); on top of it I was deliberately keeping my soul levels low (I have around 100K unused souls and bought lots of stuff from merchants), my character is pure melee with a +9 Claymore and I didn't summon any phantoms.

The game is by no means walk in the park, but out of my 50 something death so far I only died 6 times to bosses, which is dissapointing since I always loved boss fights in Souls games and almost every boss in Demons Souls and Dark Souls had kicked my ass during the first playthrough, maybe I'm just better at it after sinking so many hours in previous games, but so far the bosses really aren't as challenging as I expected, anyone else feel the same way?

Are there any real hard bosses in the game like Smough & Ornstein that could make me eat my words ? Or should I just join the Company of Champions convenent?  I am looking forward to NG+ because I have heard that it is really hard and different this time, but right now this stuff is weak.

Around the Network

If you're a Souls veteran, most of the bosses will be easy for you. So far, Ruin Sentinels and Authority Rat are the hardest bosses I've encountered, harder than all bosses in DmS snd most bosses in DkS I

I'm playing Dark Souls 1 while I prepare for the PC release and I can't get out of Undead Burg :(. Any tips?

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Interesting... Has Dark Souls finally been.... Pussified?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Kane1389 said:
If you're a Souls veteran, most of the bosses will be easy for you. So far, Ruin Sentinels and Authority Rat are the hardest bosses I've encountered, harder than all bosses in DmS snd most bosses in DkS I

WOW, such avatar.

I haven't seen the Rat yet so I'll definitely keep that in mind, but there is no way Ruin Sentinels are harder than Maneaters, all their attacks leave a huge opening for counter, one poke with Leo Ring did massive damage for me, the only threatning move they have is the Tasmanian Devil spin, which has a deceptively long range, but they have the same movement speed so if your pacing is good then they will never come at you from different angles like Smough & Ornstein would, just kill the first one on the platform, plunge attack the second one and circle around to bait attacks, worked perfect for me .

Around the Network

I'd have to say yes, but it may be that I came into DS 2 with enough experience from demon/dark souls. I've already finished the game last weekend and defeated most of the bosses first try with no summons. I do know that there are changes to boss fights in ng+ that make them harder.

VanceIX said:
I'm playing Dark Souls 1 while I prepare for the PC release and I can't get out of Undead Burg :(. Any tips?

what's your class / weapon ?

VanceIX said:

For an easy first playtrough, there a few good weapons you can get easily before first boss. Muramasa, Great scythe, astorias blade, check the wikis and youtube for methods to get them.

But it's offtopic bro.

The truth is that I felt the same way about Dark Souls. The boss fights were a huge step back for me in terms of quality and difficulty from Demon's Souls. I haven't played Dark Souls 2 yet, but I'll probably pick it up after a price drop.

tm said:
I'd have to say yes, but it may be that I came into DS 2 with enough experience from demon/dark souls. I've already finished the game last weekend and defeated most of the bosses first try with no summons. I do know that there are changes to boss fights in ng+ that make them harder.

Exactly how I felt, all their moves become predictable after just a few attacks, I suppose expereince from previous games do carry over, 90% of my death are from surprise ambushes and falling into holes, very few enemies have managed to kill me in a straight up fight. As for NG+ I heard that it's not just the same game with harder difficulty, there will actually be new enemies, new phantoms, new items and some enemies have new attacks, it's kinda like pure black wt from Demons Souls.