By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - gta on gamecube

why did they never make a gamcube gta game i mean xbox had it ps2 had it so why no gamecube versions?

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

Around the Network

different audiences, different games

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

CG disc max capacity = 1.5 Gb
PS2 disc max capacity(single layer) = 4.3 Gb

Thats the reason...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Nobody but Rockstar knows for sure. I've heard all manner of excuses (they couldn't meet Nintendo's quality requirements, the game wouldn't fit on a single GC disc, there weren't enough buttons on the GC controller, the majority of the GC target audience didn't play GTA, etc.). But I've heard no definite word on if any of those reasons have been cited by Rockstar itself.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

they still could have done 2 discs

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

Around the Network
koopatrooper said:
they still could have done 2 discs

In fact sould be 3 or 4 discs, can you see a game like SA in three mini dvds??, one for each city, changin disk to move from town to town, (And this is the best case scenario)... maybe they saw the GC sales vs the PS2 sales, and they thought it didn't worth it...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Let's put it like this: Name two Rockstar games for Gamecube. See?

There were many rumors back in the day that suggested that Rockstar only wanted to produce a PS2 versions of the games but Microsoft paid for XBox ports (which made PC ports easy) and to ensure the Gamecube did not receive a version.

I want one for the Wii.

FJ-Warez said:
CG disc max capacity = 1.5 Gb
PS2 disc max capacity(single layer) = 4.3 Gb

Thats the reason...

That only applies to San Andreas. A report of ISO game sizes on the Xbox said that III and Vice City were 700MG and 1.2GB respectively. That's certainly not too large for the GC.

It was Rockstar not wanting to bother, plain and simple. Bully is apparently testing to see what they can put on the Wii. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs