By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW+SW 15th march. XB1>PS4. TitanFall XB 900k! Dark Souls 800K! PS4 67%+ in UK!

kupomogli said:
I thought it would have boosted the Xbox One sales to 200k for week one. Rather weak boost imo. Also only 500k sales with 3.7m consoles out there? Killzone Shadow Fall and Ryse both got 250k on week one when only a million consoles were released. No wonder Microsoft had EA delay the 360 version. Definitely not the sales they were expecting.

These are US numbers for Titanfall, not worldwide

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
kitler53 said:
155,106 vs. 74,441 is a 108% increase week over week.

am i wrong to be not all that impressed? i mean, for the GotG and for being this early in the generation where an exclusive game can have the highest amount of impact.

You know thats the US doing most of the heavy lifting. 13 countries for X1. PS4 has what...48?

And this is coming from me...it isn't exclusive. It is a "multiplat not on PS4".

no idea what the 13 vs 48 countries has to do with anything.  xbox was in 13 countries last week and in 13 countries this week.   108% increase is still a 108% increase....

i mean, just put that into context.  mgs4 gave ps3 a 141% increase for instance.  mh4 game 3ds a 259% increase in japan.    i dunno, for all the hype and press is gave more a of "mid-teir exclusive" bump than a "high profile exclusive" bump.

maybe i'm being too harsh.  i think i just expected a bit better of a percent bump than 108%.  something closer to 150-200%

lucidium said:
drake_tolu said:
good result, but what remains constant? 2, maximus 3 week... after sold less 100.000...

just think, if they stopped selling ps4 entirely it would only take 6 months of titanfall release week sales to catch up.

Actually, that's depressing to think about.

In a hypothetical world where they stopped selling the PS4, the X1 would catch up pretty fast (no competition after all). I get your meaning though. The PS4 has built itself quite a nice lead.

Yep...

My prevision for last week:
1) PS4=250.000

2) XO= 115.000

3) 3DS=105.000

4)PSV=60.000

5)Wii U=35.000

Dark Souls (PS3)
Namco Bandai Games, Role-Playing
141,665 141,665 1
Dark Souls (X360)
Namco Bandai Games, Role-Playing
76,498 76,498

-----

Dark Souls II (PS3)
Namco Bandai Games, Action
218,791 218,791 1
Dark Souls II (X360)
Namco Bandai Games, Action
185,377 185,377 1

:D

Around the Network
Xenostar said:
kitler53 said:
155,106 vs. 74,441 is a 108% increase week over week.

am i wrong to be not all that impressed? i mean, for the GotG and for being this early in the generation where an exclusive game can have the highest amount of impact.

I think its as good as could be expected for a new IP, i think some users just got over hyped saying it would close the GAP on the PS4 lead, expectations were just far to high.

I just hope it will raise the base weekly sales on average.

yeah, i suppose i should modify expectations a bit for the "new ip" factor.

...but also consider that this is affectively a "price drop" week too.  titanfall was bundled into xbox for free and had been selling fairly well (on amazon's ranking) for several weeks.  all those pre-order sales would be on this week.   the titanfall bundle is the best deal on xbox you'll find right now even if you don't really want titanfall.

I hope everything is undertracked because those numbers are really getting depressing

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

jlmurph2 said:
Those 13 countries tho

You realize how easy it is to disregard your input on sales figures by constantly shouting this from the mountaintop? Lacking the ability to distinguish market sizes vs absolute number of markets is quite.......questionable.

I haven't looked at the figures as I'm on my tablet but I would bet my wife for a night that if you add up lifetime 360 sales in the countries the One will launch in and add it IMMEDIATELY to current sales it would still be short of PS4.

I really hope I'm right or you're handsome or my wife will kill me.

Blood_Tears said:
So now everyone take notice of these numbers this week. That "insiderp" site said PS4 came on top with both being over 100k in the US alone. Let this be known to not trust or post that "source" again...

I never did trust that source but i also dont trust VGC US figures for PS4, it sold on average 75k a week in FEB according to NPD, and the week US finally gets a massive stock shipment, its only 50k, not a chance. 

jlmurph2 said:
kupomogli said:
I thought it would have boosted the Xbox One sales to 200k for week one. Rather weak boost imo. Also only 500k sales with 3.7m consoles out there? Killzone Shadow Fall and Ryse both got 250k on week one when only a million consoles were released. No wonder Microsoft had EA delay the 360 version. Definitely not the sales they were expecting.

These are US numbers for Titanfall, not worldwide

That's a valid statement for Ryse, but not particularly for Killzone. SF's 1st week pretty much was US sales (220k out of 250k), since the EU was a little while after. He is right though, TF's sales are likely less than what MS/EU were hoping for. They are still huge numbers, but not quite as huge as many (including myself) were expecting.

For context, many people here thought it was more than reasonable that the "2.5 million before the end of the month" prediction was perfectly possible, even likely. That's now pretty unlikely. I doubt it could have pulled it off even if the 360 version launched at the same time.