By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Talked to MS rep. at Target today.

fallen said:

Hah, you're the guy who always has doom and gloom for Xbox.

He's also the guy who talked other posters into reporting a thread I made with a similar tone about Sony laying off 1,000 people from their Sony Pictures division and how Sony was in dire financial straights. He can dish it out, but he can't take it. I think it's rather hypocritical to post a thread like this if he can't stand anything negative posted about the number one selling, most powerful console. Wanting it both ways is kind of silly.

Around the Network
VitroBahllee said:
fallen said:

He's also the guy who talked other posters into reporting a thread I made with a similar tone about Sony laying off 1,000 people from their Sony Pictures division and how Sony was in dire financial straights. He can dish it out, but he can't take it. I think it's rather hypocritical to post a thread like this if he can't stand anything negative posted about the number one selling, most powerful console. Wanting it both ways is kind of silly.

Fact that you have no idea what you did wrong in that thread is mind boggling.  If this thread were like yours it would've started with 

"MS fans all have their heads in the sand about just how poorly XBone is really doing.  The entire product line could be dropped any day now but MS fans just refuse to talk about it"

fallen said:
EB1994 said:
I think it's good that they are at least taking initiative and adding more incentives to buying the console (A free game, Kinect etc).

Better than just doing nothing and "hoping" your console starts selling.

Yup. And they'll continue. Until they're ready to bring out the big gun of the $100 price drop. Which could be as soon as E3 imo, or maybe as late as Fall.

They wont just sit still and let PS4 crush them. Cant let that happen in a douopoly and risk losing 3rd party support.

Doupoly?  What duopoly?  You mean the WiiU and Xbox One because they are similar in sales?

Yeah... I don't see a reason to keep this thread open as it doesn't really sound credible, and only seems here to bait people.

If you want to do something like this. Get some proof and PM it to a moderator.

Last thing we need is 50 thousand bait "My friend heard that so in so in legal says X Console sucks for some reason."

One of the things that got me to "buy" an Xbox360 was actually to buy a PC. When I was shopping for one a few years ago, the MS rep had told me if I bought I windows laptop for over $700, I'd get the 360 arcade edition for free. That's how I got my 360.

They may not be able to give X1's for free yet, but giving a hefty discount to committing to the MS platform IS a great way to convince fence-sitters like me.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
sorry, why does "spending" have to be read as "wasting" at your insistence?

if you aren't intending to troll that is...

I know!

And @Torillian above: MS fans can plainly see that the console isn't selling as well as PS4 and nobody denies it - but Sony fans DO (as you could see from that thread) not realize the danger their company faces of going bankrupt. How many 'How would this affect me or the playstation or gaming?' responses did you see in that post? That was exactly my point. Sure, I guess it was kind of rude in that I should have waited until twelve people said 'How does this affect me?' and then said 'It seems quite clear that many Sony fans are unaware of the extent of the company's financial difficulties,' but frankly I don't think it was as rude as you are acting.

MS and Nintendo are both in a financial position where they can make several consecutive missteps and still function adequately as a company for years to come. If Sony loses as much value in the next two years as they did in the two years prior, they will have no assets whatsoever. And PS4 console sales in and of themselves, their biggest success lately, are making them no money. They are losing like $20 a console. Multiply that by 6 million, and their big 'success' is costing them $120,000,000. Sure, they make money on accessories and game liscencing enough to replace it, but the PS4 has a pretty low attach rate. It remains to be seen if they will dig out of the hole they are in in time. And that will affect everybody's PlayStation gaming (obviously, the brand would be sold rather than just ended). 

Xbox One's NOT first place but not last place sales, and less than 1080p resolution in all games, and whatever else you care to mention, are paraded around endlessly on this site. But the fact is MS could have put out a 4-bit piece of crap that nobody wanted, exploded in kids faces, and cost them $100 billion dollars in losses and still put out six more video game systems in the near future, no problem. Sony can win this generation and still go bankrupt or need to downsize to the point they only had financial services and a few game studios, becoming only a shell of their former self. This is worth talking about. This might be the most compelling story of video game business since the release of the Wii. And not being able to talk about it without being treated like a 'flamebaiter' while people make snide jokes about 720p and failing sales all over this site is a ridiculous joke.

bubblegamer & whoeverguy (don't recall your name) below: This thread got locked too for the same reasons. "Don't shoot the messenger?" How is that not what Max and you guys did the other day? My thread got locked just as much for you guys whining and not talking about anything other than trying to get me banned as it did for the fact that my tone was negative. I didn't say 'Sony was wasting its time in an annoying layoff' like this guy here, and my thread didn't get locked as quickly, either.

fallen said:

Pretty much.  

VitroBahllee said:
fallen said:

Holy fuck, are you ever going to stop bitching about your thread that got locked for trolling?  Even the mods agreed with Max on the issue. If you weren't flame baiting then why did your thread get locked?   Max works at Target and this is information that he is sharing. He's not flame baiting and insulting an entire userbase like you did with

"Sony fans continue to ignore the desperate financial situation their favorite company faces as massive layoffs are announced. Large 'at a loss' sales of their new console can't possibly patch their bleeding finances."

Give the victim whining mentality a rest will ya, it's embarrassing..

VitroBahllee said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Bit odd that an MS rep would go to stores and change their stock to bundles. Don't Target etc. have their own staff for that?

I've seen Nintendo reps at Target before. The companies send them out to keep the retailers happy and do work like this for them. Imagine how much less fun it would be carrying inventory of this if the store had to use its own employees for the task. It's not Target's fault X1 needs a packed in game to boost sales, so MS is trying to make it easy for Target to sell more. I imagine that other types of products have similar people.

Don't post here if you don't agree and stop attacking the OP. We have a "don't shoot the messenger" rule around here.