By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PC Review)

Pemalite said:
ZyroXZ2 said:

Having said that, I've reviewed Titanfall, and want to get as much feedback from the PC gaming community about what they think is important in a PC game review!  Your feedback is appreciated!  And without further ado:

PC centric features is important to me, mostly on the more technical side like eyefinity, fov, dedicated servers, that sort of thing.

I've skipped Titanfall personally, only because graphically, it makes my eyes bleed and EA.
It's also overpriced compared to what you truly get... $90AUD for a multi-player, online-only, 12 player game with last decade graphics? I've seen source mods offer more for free...

That's my opinion anyhow, which I am entitled to, other people may enjoy it thoroughly. :)

For me, the most bitter pill to swallow with Titanfall on PC is having to use Origin. Origin is a huge pile of crap, I've spent more time fiddling with it to make it work than I have actually playing games in it. Compared to Steam, it feels like driving a 1960's Fiat compared to a modern and comfortable Lexus (that also provides significantly better mileage).

Around the Network

Very good review! Very informative indeed.

I'm a bit disappointed it doesn't have a single player mode, so I might skip it entirely or buy it cheap later on...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:

I'm a bit disappointed it doesn't have a single player mode, so I might skip it entirely or buy it cheap later on...

Off-topic; what is the best place to buy bargain bin games in Stockholm? PC and PS3 mostly. I tried a couple of Gamestop stores but their PC game selection was pitiful at best.

Pemalite said:
ZyroXZ2 said:

Having said that, I've reviewed Titanfall, and want to get as much feedback from the PC gaming community about what they think is important in a PC game review!  Your feedback is appreciated!  And without further ado:

PC centric features is important to me, mostly on the more technical side like eyefinity, fov, dedicated servers, that sort of thing.

I've skipped Titanfall personally, only because graphically, it makes my eyes bleed and EA.
It's also overpriced compared to what you truly get... $90AUD for a multi-player, online-only, 12 player game with last decade graphics? I've seen source mods offer more for free...

That's my opinion anyhow, which I am entitled to, other people may enjoy it thoroughly. :)

Ah, so available graphics settings are important to you, got it!  I'll keep that in mind, makes a lot of sense.  I've been so used to brute forcing my way through graphics that I no longer worry about settings, I usually just turn them all maxed out unless that results in problems.  That's probably why I wasn't thinking about graphics settings, haha

Just an FYI, it does have FOV settings ;)

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/
DanneSandin said:

Thanks, I've been getting feedback from several forums, so I might do a backlog PC game review next month to refine my approach to reviewing PC games

^^/
Around the Network

review inFAMOUS:SS next.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:

Not sure if serious... o_O

^^/
ZyroXZ2 said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Not sure if serious... o_O

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:

Fine, I'll pre-order it on Wii U and do a review within a week, sheesh.

^^/
ZyroXZ2 said:
DanneSandin said:

Thanks, I've been getting feedback from several forums, so I might do a backlog PC game review next month to refine my approach to reviewing PC games

If you do, keep us posted!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.