By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Guy texts entire works of Shakespeare to online retailer who ripped him off!

It appears a guy from the UK has gotten some poetic justice after being ripped off over a ps3. Here is an excerpt from the article:

"My first thought was that I could try and pretend I had found out where he lived but it was all a bit of a cliche and it wasn't going to worry him really," Mr. Joseph told theTelegraph. "Then it just occurred to me you can copy and paste things from the internet and into a text message. It got me thinking, 'what can I sent [sic] to him' which turned to 'what is a really long book', which ended with me sending him Macbeth."

Macbeth soon led to Hamlet, Othello and 19 other plays sent via text message. Mr. Joseph simply copies and pastes the plays into his phone's text message field, and sends them off to his scammer. When they reach the scammer's phone, they presumably come through in 160-character segments — meaning the 22 plays Mr. Joseph has sent were broken up into a very irritating 17,424 text messages. Basically, the fraudster's phone hasn't stopped buzzing for the past week.

Pretty clever if I do say so myself. I'm kind of curious as to how this all turns out. Here's the link to the rest of the article:

http://news.yahoo.com/man-texts-entire-works-shakespeare-punish-fraudster-wouldn-200952710.html

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

Around the Network

Couldn't the scammer just block his number? Or is that not a thing.

Thanks jlmurph!

If this guy was really smart he would use one of those websites that lets you send texts for free. With an ever changing number the message is being sent from, scammer would be really screwed.

Thanks jlmurph!

Justice.

Hmm this gives me an idea haha. Pretty awesome though

Around the Network

epic!!

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

he probably has unlimited texts, not uncommon in the UK.

But is he sure the number is correct?
If he got scammed, the chances are that it was just a temporary or fake number.

edit: ok I read it and the scammer seems pissed off which means he must be on a contract and cant ditch the sim card.

... but how would be continue recieving messages after his phones memory is full?

That is pretty lolz but also shows how stupid the scammer is... Its so ez to block texts... wtf

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Ka-pi96 said:
That must cost a fortune to send that many texts!

Probbaly nothing with a flat rate for messages.